would this work?

by jeremiah18:5-10 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Hypothetically speaking, if you are dfd and witnesses call at your home and you give a warm reception and in the course of discussion tell them you had just been praying to Jehovah to help you get back on track with him, would they go full force at helping you get back in, even fast tracking it?

As with many who are dfd with family still in, at time I entertain the notion of returning just to get my family back.

So what do you think about this scenario, would it help or hurt?

I ask because of how enamored they are with the idea that angels guide their efforts in service and lead them to the sheep. I could see this changing or impacting their approach.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They would tell the elders to contact you, or tell you to contact them.
    They might "fast track" you, but I doubt it. Most likely, they would tell you to start sitting at the meetings and suffer the shunning and they would wait months to consider any request for reinstatements.

I get that people do this, I never could.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just try and fast-track a suspicious Elder group. To go back in is to relinquish control, a bit of yourself. People are so controlled in the meetings even that there are few opportunities to speak. Heck, they are supposed to be policing their very thoughts! Why not focus your efforts in talking to your family and friends as you are?

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

I don't think I could pull it off. I think I would get physically ill. The fact is its trading one form of sensorship for another. A return to the previous relationship is an impossible pipe dream. The only real hope for a true relationship is for them to see the light and learn ttatt, since I can't unlearn it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Over the years a number of former posters on here said they were going back in to save family, we asked them to return and let us know how thye got on.

To my knowledge not one of them did, I don't think it ever works.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

It would do nothing good for your situation except maybe earn you a visit from the elders. But it would do wonders for bolstering the dubs attitue that they really were being directed by holy spirit. If you were truly sincere you would already know that you needed to go and bore yourself to death at the weekly meetings.

The truth of the matter is the dubs would have taken away your family regardless.

If they became wittneses and other family members didn't they still would have cut off most association with the non-believers.

At least that is what my parents did, we had the obligitory visits to their parents house on occasion but not much else.

I do know of one person who took up smoking then got reinstated just to prove that holy spirit had nothing to do with it.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Would not fit in to the negative motto, so the answer is "No, it would not do anything on a fast track."

• kaik
    kaik

Not sure it will ever work. Some JW will shun you for the rest of their lives. I seen that with my relatives who were DF for misconduct and were reinstated back but many JW refused to have anything with them, even years and years afterwards. I do not think people are such masochists and will put themselves through life-long shunning.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'd fail at it and by now,they wouldn't even try anymore. I am too far gone. Lost cause:)

• jam
    jam

I tell each one that have come to my door, I once walked with you.

I was DF and 99% will still stand and talk. That's the crazy part, they

will talk and tell me about who came back and the many changes in

the borg . It's amazing, one sister ask did I remermber a certian brother.

I said yes, (sister) well he is back and doing great.

Why is this so crazy? My JW family members will not give me the time of day. LOL

I could not live with myself if I went back crawling to that cult, family or no family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit