Why does the WT insist that the first five books of the bible were written by Moses?

by marmot 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I used to think that it would be a HUGE let down if, in paradise, Moses was nothing like the kick ass Moses Charlton Heston was.

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

Marmot- Have you read the Friedman book "The Hidden Book in The Bible"?

• marmot
    marmot

Nope, haven't read that one but I'll put it on my list.

• galaxie
    galaxie

You know the answer! its called delusion to avoid a traumatic change in their thinking which may lead them to actually be in charge of their own lives and reasoning instead of being puppets.Of course if they can manage to tackle the trauma which is by no means easy for some(help being always available by many who have gone through the same circumstances)they may find that life is what they themselves make it and not rely on misguided men with a controlling agenda

• processor
    processor

Why does the WT insist that the first five books of the bible were written by Moses

Because the statement "the man Moses was by far the meekest of all the men who were upon the surface of the ground" is more credible when Moses wrote it?

;D

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Funny that the WT will follow the tradition of the Jewish people, who refer to these books as of Moses, (only I believe as a kind of shorthand, they are far from ignorant of their own Scripture), but the WT does not follow their lead in NOT using a word for the Divine Name.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Ask a JW to draw a rough lineage of human history and compare it to the REAL one.

WT have alot of history and time to explain, but they act like there was adam to noah, then abraham to moses, then the bible, then david, then jesus, then now.

The bible being written under any other cicrcumstance will offer WAY to many questions, not just who wrote it, but importantly WHEN! For people to realise genesis was written in modern historical times, ie. long after we had civilisations, cities, cultires, science etc... it soesnt sit well with there imagination of a semi empty earth, the jews in the middle of it defending pagan tribes in its periphery as moses pens the inspired words of god :/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit