Another "Generation" change?

by Cynisister 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Been awhile since I've viewed the site, so this may have been discussed. But I just read over the Jan. 15, 2014 WT, and found what I think is yet another definition of "Generation that will not pass away...". Now it's referring to TWO groups of anointed! The second is the group that is younger apparently, but knew members of the first dead and dying group. So the WT is sort of setting another "date" for the beginning of the tribulation, because they're saying some of the second group will still be alive when it starts! WHAT??

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are quite a few threads on JWN discussing the overlapping generation. Also see http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

What page?

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Newly Enlightened, it is page 31, paragraphs 15, 16.

Thanks jwfacts for the great link!

• sir82
    sir82

That's just a clarification of an idea they presented 2 or 3 years ago.

It is the first time in print, I believe, that they have explicitly limited the "overlap" to just 2 groups, and explicitly said that there must be some years of overlap in which members of both groups were (A) alive and (B) anointed.

The wording was always such that you could have interpreted it to mean multiple overlaps and/or an "overlap" of any point in time not including the period of anointing.

With the new wording, however, they have definitely painted another corner for themsleves, one which Governing Body 3.0 will have to think hard to wriggle out of.

• Cynisister
    Cynisister

Just where in Jesus' words does he mention two groups??

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cynisister: Just where in Jesus' words does he mention two groups??

I can tell you exactly where: NOwhere!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

For my money, this "clarification/adjustment/whatever" absolutely precludes GB member Mark Sanderson from being part of the later "overlapping" part of the generation.

It's just sofa king stew pit, I can't believe anyone would buy this crap!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

The idiocy of all of this is that they basically admitted in 1995 they had it wrong regarding the generation of 1914. They let things sit and then modify in 2008 (see chart below), and then in 2010 they suddenly have to tie back into 1914. They are simply unable to help themselves when it comes to dropping their precious 1914 marker, no matter how many years go by. Idiots!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit