WT Study for January 6-12, 2014

by Bobcat 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• blondie
    blondie

Those in the Watchtower's writing department are well aware of the organisations history. For instance, the 1993 Proclaimers book states:

"Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King." Proclaimers p.632

Yet in that very same year, other Watchtower articles falsely claim:

"The Watchtower [1] has consistently presented evidence to honest hearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914. Events since that year testify to Jesus' invisible presence." Watchtower 1993 Jan 15 p.5
    "Jehovah's Witnesses have consistently shown from the Scriptures that the year 1914 marked the beginning of this world's time of the end and that "the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men" has drawn near." Watchtower 1993 Aug 15 p.9
  • highroad
    highroad

Marked

• rubbeng
    rubbeng

marked

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

Paragraph 17.... That's the reason why out of the blue I have had people call me for the first time in over a year to invite me to meeting on Sunday. "brother El Guapo, I read the article for this week's study and I though of you. BARF!!!!

• losingit
    losingit

Marked

• sir82
    sir82

WHEN the Messianic Kingdom was established in 1914, Satan’s system entered its final days. centuries

There, fixed that for ya, WT writers.

Given that it's 2014 & all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit