so you want to knock down the wt

by one 14 Replies latest jw friends

• one
    one

you a right to start a crusade and the right to get a life and still feel free to write and talk as you please specially if the writting and talking is going to help someone. Then a sucker is born and the cycle start all over.

Being realistic the USA has been trying to nock down a regime in Cuba for half a decade... besides writting and talking against it. Anyway what goes up must come down, but for more than a millenium this law hasn't aplied to some churches, catholic.

why do i care about this anyway?

bye

• metatron
    metatron

Cuba is a good analogy.

Castro is aging and ailing. Some say he won't last two years.
    The country is broke and there is great suspicion that communism
    won't out live him in Cuba.

Things do, indeed, fall apart

metatron

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, first of all, the intention is not to knock down the Watchtower. We simply try to simply shine a bright light on their stupidity, so that the crumbling from within continues.

Secondly, the past century has seen some pretty formidable institutions crumble - the USSR, Polaroid. Even religions can take a big dive - just look at Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God. It is a shell of its former self.

The real intention, though, is not to take out our frustrations or vent some rage against them, although some of that goes on. The point of all of this is twofold:

1) Run an underground railroad to get information in and trapped people out.
    2) Vaccinate as many potential members as possible, so that they can avoid the pain that we have gone through.

One of the tools the Watchtower uses to unfairly control people is control of information. Well, this is over. Their information is now out of control.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Goal one: Get the Watchtower to change its policy to not effectively shield pedophiles, but rather get them to encourage and exhort JW members to turn the pedophiles over to authorities. That goal is achievable and worthwhile.

Goal two: Get the Watchtower to relax its stand on Blood and Shunning such that it will not be the rigid cult it is now, bringing some relief to the families with a mixture of JWs and ex-JWs. That is possible, though not certain when or if achievable.

Goal three: Get the Watchtower to go mainstream as did the World Wide Church of God (WWCOG - Armstrong's group). A desirable, and maybe somewhat achievable, but would require a radical shift in doctrine, as was the case with WWCOG.

Goal four: If none of the above takes place, sue the Watchtower out of business. Achievable, but not certain how long it will take. The less desirable of the alternatives, but may be necessary if nothing else works.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Well, first of all, the intention is not to knock down the Watchtower. We simply try to simply shine a bright light on their stupidity, so that the crumbling from within continues.

I like this the best. It is a ministry and helps those seeking the truth.
    Joseph

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Cuba sucks as an analogy (sorry met). Whatever else you say about Castro, he cares far more about his people and his country than any of the WT's leaders ever have. Also, as opposed to the WT leadership, Castro is still a man....you know, with testicles and stuff.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Our prohibition of Cuba is the stupidest law in the world. I don't need any cryin ass political answers either. You want to reform a country? Open up trade and put a McDonalds on every corner. See how long communism lasts in Cuba with a big mac in everyones hand. Of course I think that as long as any church puts forth campaign contributions they should be taxed. You want seperation of church and state threaten taxation.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• Solace
    Solace

Writing truths about the watchtower saves people every day.
    I know, I am one of them.
    We may not be able to knock it down but if we pull enough bricks out, it will not be as stong as it once was. Who knows, maybe eventually...........

• alamb
    alamb

I am grateful to this board by pulling me out by the hair. I was searching the net for a copy of the Kingdom Ministry. I had been trying to get reinstated for 2 years after leaving under false charges.

After reading here for 3 hours at the library (signing up for internet every 30 minutes) I was out for good. It unravelled as I read the words here.
    Apostates were not frothing at the mouth mad men but kind-hearted souls for the most part who knew their stuff and were willing to help someone else along.

Thank you to everyone here. The power of the internet works when backed by good hearts.

• alamb
    alamb

Special thanks to Simon and Angharad for sharing him with us. I was an elder's wife and had to "share" my husband's resources and time for an unworthy cause. You are both to be thanked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit