The latest sibling shun

by Oneoutallout 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I think you made a good argument, in a loving but logical way. I hope one day the blinkers will come off. Thank god for the internet and that info is available to ones who need to research all the WT bs.

Take care of you & yours, QCF

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Thank you for your encouragement. Fortunately my wife and kids are all out. :-)

That is worth its weight in gold. Its more than many can say here on JWN. Great job.

Even if the letter/email falls on deaf ears, at least you got to vent.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Don't give up hope when it comes to family.

We have been dealing with off and on shunning....seems to happen more often right after conventions :)

I've learned over the past few years they don't want to know anything that will damage their faith in their religion, and if we want to keep them I our lives it's best to just leave religion talk out completely. That's on both ends, they know not to bring up anything about JW's to me As well.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yeah, I got one of those letters once, from someone who had been my closest friend. Screw them. Once you are no longer blinded by the wtbts you realize the enormity of rejecting close friends and relatives because they don't believe in an invisible skydaddy, or because they have changed their mind about the religion.

I know you are sad and angry, but you will feel better soon. I'm so glad your wife and kids are safe from that org.

• Oneoutallout
    Oneoutallout

Thanks again everyone. Some interesting and valid comments. :-)

• Barrold Bonds
  • Oneoutallout
    Oneoutallout

As expected. Not even the guts/decency to reply. Brothers for 50 years without a falling out and now our relationship is wrecked by this sick cult! My kids ignored by their cousin with whom they had a close relationship with. Thanks very much WBTS!!!!!!!!!!!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

You can really "feel the love" of this messed up religion, that's for sure.

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit