A New Lightbulb

by wearewatchingyouman 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

"The Truth" it seems to me like a lightbulb.

When I think of "New Light", I don't think of the sun or the moon or the stars. An ever present ray of light. Constant. Dependable. Long lasting.

No, I think of a lightbulb. You see, "New Light" is not like the light of the sun. It burns out much quicker. It has to be replaced by a new bulb, and when you've popped the old one out and are screwing in the new one you know deep down you'll be here again. Another lightbulb is in your future. More "New light".

And don't get me started on the new lightbulbs. This new lightbulb isn't consistant. It's less warm and fuzzy feeling than the old bulb's light. The wattage might be a little higher, or a little lower. You never can tell. New regulations are completely changing the new lightbulb. The light just isn't the same.

The light isn't getting brighter. It's just getting more intrusive. It's sharp and blinding. Not warm and inviting like a fire. When I'm looking at the picture, I struggle to connect the things that it highlights with what the old light highlighted. It doesn't help you see things more clearly. Instead it blinds you to what lies behind it.

So enjoy your "New Light". Truthfully, I didn't care for the old lightbulb's light much either.

I'll take the sun and an old oil lamp myself.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Watchtower = 250,000 individual lights... none of which are powered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ian6NyXpszw

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

LMFAO! I think I've watched that movie a half a dozen times in the last month.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The washtowel "light" is more like those squiggly things that emit something that may illuminate your room so you can see obstacles but not where you can do any reading or anything requiring being able to tell a table from a refrigerator. They distort things, they take forever to reach full brightness, they give you a headache, they may even give you cancer, and there is a risk that they will burn your house down when they reach the end of their lives. The "new light" is similar--it distorts the truth, it takes forever before anyone can figure it out, it gives headaches, it wastes time trying to abide by it, it ruins lives, and it can put you out of your house by draining you financially.

Satan, on the other hand, is more like actual daylight. Incandescent, and to a lesser degree LED, light is also good. That comes to full brightness at once, allows clear vision, does not give you a headache, is safe, and cannot burn your house down (unless you are stupid enough to put a halogen bulb where flammable materials are too close to it). Satan's light, if you are willing to accept it, clarifies the truth, allows you to figure it out quickly if you are willing to do the research, gives no headaches, and it can enrich you spiritually (and, through the use of magick, maybe even physically).

• smiddy
    smiddy

JW`s lightbulbs keep flickering and going dim , these past 100 years , then flickering again , but never showing any real illuminating light ?

Nothing they have ever said in the past one hundred years has ever come to pass !

So how "stupid/gullible " are these people , to continually to beleive this nonscence .

smiddy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

One goes out and on the other side of the room a new one goes on. The moths flock to it until it is switched off and one by the window goes on...it breaks and is replaced by another lightbulb, but they claim it's part of the other lightbulb since it was manufactured while the other one was screwed into the socket...and the moths go to it, and then another till all the moths are dizzy from the changes and fall into a heap on the floor or worse, fly into the blue lit bug zapper that just went on...

• steve2
    steve2

I am yet to get credit for coining the phrase (), but when the rNWT was released with a dull grey cover mid-2013, I declared then that, "The light is getting greyer". I think that phrase nicely captures the creeping dullness and lack of a vigorous vision that enshrouds the Witnesses' organization in the 21st century - a century the organization arrogantly asserted would not arrive before the end of the present system of things.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The whole scripture in proverbs, if I even care, is advice to a son. It seems to be more about light actually getting brighter not going on and off. If the 'new light(R)' that the WBT$ is supposed to be from god then god is the crappiest father ever.

The JW 'new light(R)' is more like a strobe light in a 70's disco.

Well, let's be honest.......it's just cult control tactics. It makes the drones feel as if they have special knowledge and that Jehovah's(TM) chariot (R) is really on the move....in this time of the end(R). What a grand privilege(TM) of unity(R).....

....I just made myself feel ill!

CULT CONTROL is my conclusion.

• prologos
    prologos

of course, Jesus said : "--YOU are the light---" he did not say

you are light bulbs, but he should have, because

when we consider wt teachings what we *illuminated* the householders, the R&F with,

we should feel scewed.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. ‘New Light’ never extinguishes older ‘light’ but adds to it.”—Zion’s Watch Tower, February 1881, p. 3

It is compared to lighting a building, where you light up one gaslight at a time (this approach makes sense). Not having past truth suddenly be a DF offence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit