The Graphene Revolution

by metatron 11 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://gigaom.com/2013/07/15/what-is-graphene-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-a-material-that-could-be-the-next-silicon/

Suppose someone invented a new substance that seems to come straight out of a science fiction novel - a sort of Saran wrap that is 300 times stronger than steel. Suppose they thought up new and astounding uses for it seemingly every month in field after field.

It could change nearly everything and few people are noticing...

metatron

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

You are talking my subject here. Read about how it was discovered, how the Nobel prize was won by the discoverers, how the same guy, Andre Geim got the Ig Nobel prize 10 years ealier for trying to levitate frogs.

Now tell me that education is a waste of time.

• besty
    besty

miracle material - lots of potential uses - still some way off commercial introduction - people already being scammed...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/10542044/FCA-warns-on-graphene-investment-scams.html

• metatron
    metatron

I would wager that the Chinese will eagerly accelerate this development. I have read that people underestimate the breadth of tech revolutions. This thing could become ubiquitous - batteries, water desalinization, new computer chips, new solar cells...

I am not a faithful Witness any longer but my hope of Paradise on earth remains.

metatron

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have read a lot about Graphene, and its potential, it is exciting ! Thanks Met, you bring us a lot of different stuff in your threads, well done.

Off topic, but have you ever posted your full story on here, how you woke up etc ?

• Simon
    Simon

It's an amazing material.

Also amazing is how long people struggled to create it ... but in the end it was something simple like a lump of coal and sellotape!

• metatron
    metatron

My life story is so unusual that telling it would end my anonymity

metatron

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Kinda thought so Met, maybe one day ?

• besty
    besty

3 big things I see are mobility (eg mobile phones, not fatties on trikes in walmart) Internet of Things and 3d printing

• AnneB
    AnneB

few people are noticing...

Well, aren't you special!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit