I feel my faith is weakening

by Brother Mike 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

When you were in the truth did you find websites like this and read what the other side has to say? I am in that stage and I feel as if I'm seeking out the ttatt. I feel the WT society is hiding way too much. And It is almost like i can see the corruption within the Org. I'm debating that when I graduate from high school, I should just step away. What do you guys think?

thx

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Do not waste your life being a JW.

Leave the JWs ASAP. Or sooner if possible.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Mike ... step away when you have researched enough

to actually see the corruption & prove that the information

& messages that you have been programmed with are wrong.

Otherwise you will walk away still feeling guilt & fear.

Knowledge will set you free Mike.

all the best & happy New Year

clarity

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Here's the plan dude. Get some good worldly friends going first (and preferably a nice worldly girlfriend, get laid!). You'll need that to fill the void after you leave. Live a double life for as long as you can, and then do what 2+2=5 says above, and never look back. The younger and sooner you get out of the cult the better. Focus on your education and your friends, and go out and enjoy a young person's experience.

Go West young man!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

You don't want any nagging doubts, you will never be satisfied either way until you are sure.

Educate yourself my friend.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes step away, make an exit plan and leave on your own terms, make sure you have a good reason for leaving then you will never return to the dirty candy in the gutter (the BOrg). Click here and scroll down to para 11 http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/take-your-stand-for-true-worship/

Mike, if you get out for real, you need to stay out.

Warm Love to you Kate xx

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

Bro Mike, I've been in your shoes. I choose to marry and then have kids all while I had the same feelings you have now. I regret not stepping away sooner.

I'm not sure what your situation is, but don't waste your life in a org that makes you feel the way you are feeling.

To answer your question, I did look up sites similar to this one. Some sites turned me off because of how angry some people were. Here we have a crazy mix of everyone. I've been on the site more lately, cause I think I'm ready to push even further away. But that's my journey. If I could do it again. I would still have married my wonderful husband but after I finished college, after I had some real world experiences and so on.

Good luck and be true to who you are and what you really want to become.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Brother Mike - I recall coming across these types of sites many years ago when I had no doubts at all. I believed strongly! I was in my early twenties at the time so we are talking fifteen years ago or about that.

I wasn't ready - I put it to the side. But when I was ready I knew it, and everything I read came back to me. It prompted me to read more and when i did fade I knew I had made the right decision. I also had a strong network of non Jehovah's Witness friends. I can't stress how important it is to you to build those networks now. And be prepared to be the freak of the group for a while whilst you learn social niceties. Trust me, what is acceptable behaviours amongst the JWs can seem increcibly weird and peculiar to non JWs.

you will know when you are ready. But read, ask questions, make friends. I also found being a member of this forum highly therapuetic as I worked through a lot of emotions and growing up.

I wish you all the very best and hope that you will find genuine happiness sooner rather than later.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It is a scary, uncomfortable time....

it is a huge crossroads...

A. Put your head DEEP in the sand and pretend it is ok to not think for yourself or ask questions, return here in 10 years with a JW wife, child, M.S. responsibilities and a statistically high probability that you struggle to get by.

B.

• Rip
    Rip

Musilims also have a strong faith: Mujahdines and Shababs. Faith is equally religious extremism, if you think you are loosing it by quitting the JW, you are becoming a balanced person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit