Keeping you ignorant is the Watchtower Society's POWER over you!

by yadda yadda 2 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Donuts for you!

80 percent of jayholes are narcissists.

20 percent of jayholes engage in ambient abuse. which causes 80 percent of the damage to the psyche of the jayhole (Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule)

80 percent of jayholes are narcissistic suppliers. (Great news! You can be a narcissist and also a narcisstic supplier as you move up the pyramid)

The entire jayhororific drama (100%) is driven by the availability of narcissistic supply.

I made the numbers up but you get the idea.

Pass it on!

• KateWild
    KateWild

Lifting the stone and taking a peek underneath is to be scolded at, prohibited.-yadda

You make some good points, when I was at uni, 20 yrs ago I converted, everything I looked at I was instantly told is was Apostate and that's how we reconise the true religion. Besides I had my brain full of oxidation and reduction, phys chem and moles/molarity.

I honestly could be bothered to do that much research, but I challenged all the number crunching of dates, I just gave into the love bonbing cos I was away from home and lonely, I though I could meet a nice Christian husband better than the uni guys who were always getting drunk.

Cults prey on the vulnerable, my parents even told me I was joining a cult, but the WT are prepared for that, they are a multi-billion dollar conglomerate that will rcruit at all costs. The emotionally vulnerable will never turn over the stone, no matter how intelligent they are.

Kate xx

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Really enjoyed your post Yadda.thanks.

I reasoned with myself when I wanted to find out ttatt, that a judge in a court case would listen to both the prosecution and defence in order to make a ruling. It would be foolish to only listen and investigate one side of the story.

I rest my case!!!!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You're welcome, and good point quellycat.

Even Jehovah was willing to hear Satan's arguments. The JW's teach that there is a great universal legal court case being conducted about 'the issue of universal sovereignty' with thousands of years needed for the evidence to pile up one way or the other. They use this very analogy in the Creation book.

And Jesus was prepared to hear and refute the Pharisees, he didn't put his fingers in his ear and go 'la-la-la'.

The problem is JW's believe that their organisational 'unity' is more important than anything else. Avoiding doctrinal division is more important than freedom of conscience to not accept doctrinal error. This was admitted by the Watchtower leadership in a Scottish Court case in the 1950's. Read the best bits of the transcript here and the summary at the end:

http://gwest59.tripod.com/ChristIsLord/id26.html

To recap, Haydon C. Covington basically said that the Watchtower Society views unity as more important than even doctrinal truth, and that this desire for unity may even result in a forced acceptance of false prophecy. Fred Franz's testimony confirmed this, and further showed that, while the Society makes a show of encouraging people to examine its doctrines in light of the scriptures "to see whether these things are so" (Acts 17:10,11), it does not allow its members to freely act upon the results of that examination if the Society's claims are found wanting. Since the Society will never admit to members that it is wrong right now, it does not truly allow them to examine its doctrines to see "whether these things were so," but in practice requires them to examine the scriptures to confirm that these things are so, and to "readjust" their thinking if they are unable to do that. In other words, no matter what an individual finds, he is obligated to believe whatever the Society teaches at that moment. At least, he is obligated not to publicly or privately disagree with the Society, and so if he really cannot bring himself to accept some doctrine, he must pretend to accept it, and live a lie in order to remain in good standing. Since Psalm 51:6 says of Jehovah, "you have taken delight in truthfulness itself in the inward parts," and the Bible says that Jehovah is a God of truth, this attitude would appear inconsistent with his will.

So, even though the Society states it is fallible and is not inspired, no member is allowed to act on this without serious consequences ranging from loss of congregational privileges to disfellowshipping. The Society wants every member to believe, as Covington testified, that any member who acts on the fact that Watchtower Society leaders are not infallible is worthy of death.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Great write-up YY2.

"Unity in error" and "unity in ignorance".

The poor, pathetic, slimy, apostate Watchtower.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Watchtower April 1, 1920, pp100, 101

We would not refuse to treat one as a brother because he did not believe the Society is the Lord's channel. If others see it in a different way, that is their privilege. There should be full liberty of conscience.

At the start of this sentence they say they should not do a thing.. and the end they say the very opposite is also fine.

Watchtower double speak at it's best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit