When selling was preaching ...

by Hecce 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecce
    Hecce

They were however, not unique to Charlie Russel's Bible students.

Frankly I don’t see anywhere in all the comments any reference as to this method being unique to CTR.

The WT is the one that for more than 100 years has represented that their way of selling is unique and that they are not selling but preaching. I am pretty sure that anyone who has been involved in field service knows that is one of the first lines that you will learn as a witness.

As to the other religions I don’t think that they are the subject of conversation and I for one couldn’t care less about all those groups.

For sure this material is slanted is about the WT and no one else.

My focus is the WT and their preaching-selling techniques.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Hi to you all.

I don't post much but read a lot, thanks to you all.

One of my few contributions from the past.

• cofty
    cofty
    It was an excellent one and it still explains why they are in a panic about finances now.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

....and people wonder why the WTS's doctrines are always false and misleading

• Hecce
    Hecce

Thanks coffy and Finkelstein.

Going thru difficult times and trying to get back on my feet.

Regards

• cofty
    cofty
    Welcome back Hecce. I hope things improve for you soon.
  • Listener
    Listener

I was told that the pioneers paid so little because they have most of their literature for free.

At least that was one way to keep up with the high count of placements which was a requirement for them.

• Hecce
    Hecce

The most common explanation was that the pioneer’s cost was like an allowance to help them with the transportation and some other expenses in their ministry.

For instance a magazine was placed for 5 cents, the pioneer paid 1 cent; a book was 50 cents, the cost for the pioneer was 10 cents and so on.

• TMS
    TMS

Hecce: "the pioneer’s cost was like an allowance to help them with the transportation and some other expenses in their ministry."

Indeed. Moving from the Pacific Northwest, where "placements" were difficult, to the Texas/Mexico border in the mid-60's, I definitely had more pocket change. "Truth" and "Evolution" books cost pioneers a nickle and magazines a penny. The key was having adequate literature in Spanish. When you consider gas was 25 cents a gallon and Corona Extra about 20 cents in Mexico, life was good.

• prologos
    prologos
    Mostly wt was generous using witness's time. these were paltry sums, compared to union wages. The circuit servant spend the first days of his visit to audit the congregation accounts in the 50ties, for a minuscule difference of ~5 bucks, I wanted to give it to him (the money), no it had to be reconciled. now I realize how important money was/is for them, not doctrine at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit