Has anyone heard about Elders latest instructions re: Child abuse?

by Newly Enlightened 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Ok, we got an email thru Facebook from a viewer of ours and he said that he had heard, that it is not even going out in a BOE letter, the elders have to sign into their secure https://www.jw.org/apps/E_HFRsFVTrHC1

page to get firmer instructions on how to handle any child abuse accusations and they are being told NOT to call the police.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I'm sure there will be some current elders from our community here who will conirm or deny this soon enough. At least I hope so.

• Fencing
    Fencing

They're already not supposed to call the police unless instructed to by the Legal Department. The first call for child abuse cases is ALWAYS to Mother, not the authorities.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

What happens if the victim needs to undergo a testing to obtain evidence eg sperm? Is there not a critical window period after which the evidence is not useful etc anymore - eg many victims tell of how they wish to shower and bath after rape to 'wash" away the dirty feeling thay are stricken with. thus if you still have to contact Mother it sould take days ......................................................after which you have sub-standard case.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

There is a fantastic video about this topic of non-reporting and WT advice for post abuse, made just last week, though it is not about new legislation.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iq7dxOLx9A

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Yes, we have the BOE letter where they tell them to call the Legal dept. of 'Mother' but this is supposed to be a new update.....just trying to confirm or mark as rumor.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If the WTS is instructing elders NOT to call police in situations, they have gone insane. They would be putting elders in the way of prosecution in most US states.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/statutes/clergymandated.pdf

If you are a lurking elder in the US, review the above document for your state and know exactly what the law requires. I wouldn't trust the WTS to cover your back in any way whatsoever.

• thedog1
    thedog1

nothing as of just now that is newer than the BOE letter mentioned by Newly Enlightened.

• flipper
    flipper

Like I've stated a million times before and I'll say it again- WT Society is a criminal organization

• Londo111
    Londo111

IF true: "All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit