Deicide

by BATHORY 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G'Day pixel people !

Deicide the heavy metal band's lead singer ( or grunter ), Glen Benton is as some here would know a self proclaimed satanist. I have followed his carrer since the change from Amon ( previous band ) till now, seen countless interviews and read many also. I can say he is the lead of the most evil ( loosly defined ) truely satanic band around.

In some interviews he has mentioned that Satan is the ruler of the earth ( whom he speaks to often, and says derives lyrics from. Imagine that, satan is a song writer huh ) and goes on and on to a very very similar tune as the wtbts.

In his most most recent interview he said the following...

Interviewer : So do many Jehovah Witnesses come knocking on your door then?

Glen : Oh yeah... some of my brother's wives in-laws are Jehovah's... when I wrote 'Satan Rules this world' I went up to the Falls where I'm from and got into a big argument with them all. They don't like me very much, and I don't like them at all either. They always like to confront me and when they do I always shut them up. So the last conversation we had I shut them all up, and that's how I came up with the song. The lyrics are all about Jehovah Witnesses. I've had them come to the house and I'll open up the door and ask "You selling God?" And they'll look and I'll be like, " Get the f*** down the road!" On the front of my car I've got a plate that says "Satanic," so when they come up the yard they see my car sitting there with the plate saying Satanic... we'll confront 'em once and if they come back I'll get the garden hose out and spray them down." .....

My question : Glen has had a history with witnesses, has anyone one here ever witnessed to him ?? He is a big guy, long black hair, inverted pentagram burned into his skin between his eyes.

Also i found it interesting that his new album, his most notorious and evil ever, its lyrics are all about JW's ! WOW. If you knew about the guy you would know how huge that was.

Also finally, assuming he is satans musical protege and is inspired by him how is it that he and the wtbts share a very similar belief in satans movements on earth in this present day, where all other religions dont ???

• Teirce
    Teirce

The WTS creates this sort of person. They don't believe in Satan so much as they believe as conceivably diametrically opposed to the WTS teachings of some beneficient sky castle. Satan is a convenient default for thermodynamics, which is "human wisdom". After they have created such a person, who they name 'radical', the WTS proceeds to use them for all they're worth, and reinforce the cycle of 'this might happen to you'. Relative, indeed.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I just discovered this band and I think they kick ass!

Look at these lyrics!!!!

Halls of Warship They want to witness the arrival of the lord
    And the destruction he has promised to us all
    Their sick conviction to the ending of the world
    Live in prediction he will soon be back on Earth
    They think they are the only ones who will be spared
    The kingdom of Jehovah isn't really there...

Halls of warship burn, until you touch the ground
    Ignited by deceit, your will of god is misperceived
    Where's the virtue in the riddles of a dying king
    Exiled in defeat, the end of their regime

They know who rules this world, a toll they sue to scare
    Brainwash the witnesses to think he's coming here
    Their only mission is the pending fear of god
    Given permission to pursue a life without
    A grim existence for the offspring that they breed
    Return to Abraham and let us live in peace

Halls of warship burn, until you touch the ground
    Ignited by deceit, your will of god is misperceived
    Where's the virtue in the riddles of a dying king
    Exiled in defeat, the end of their regime

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

WOW!

Teirce:

The WTS creates this sort of person. They don't believe in Satan so much as they believe as conceivably diametrically opposed to the WTS teachings of some beneficient sky castle. Satan is a convenient default for thermodynamics, which is "human wisdom". After they have created such a person, who they name 'radical', the WTS proceeds to use them for all they're worth, and reinforce the cycle of 'this might happen to you'. Relative, indeed.

So true! Go figure eh? With the WTS in my past I personally don't need or want anymore evil in my life. My choice now........and my .02.

Katie (of the I'll go back when pigs fly class)

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

well being that I was a JW for 34 yrs and have called myself a Satanist for about 2 yrs...I can just say that the satanists who actually believe in Satan seem to me to be the flip side of the same coin JWs are on. rebellion against mainstream organized christianity(sic catholicism)-so lets go to the extreme offensive side. even among satanists who actually believe in satan, it is rare to find one who worships the christian idea of satan, since it would not be anti-christian if it contained any christianity, even negative christianity. so as far as this guy----yay for him he is anti-JW, but satanism has nothing to do with it. he would probably be that way even if Satan did not inspire his lyrics. Maybe he has low self-esteem and can't give himself the credit he deserves(which is what most satanists would do.) he is merely living a stereotype. it is his choice, but it does not do much for promoting satanism. it does however sell CDs to teenagers and others who want to rebel but can't. So maybe he is being a 'normal' satanist after all. But we dont all burn pentagrams into our foreheads.

Ravyn

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Halls of Warship" ! love it.

• Francois
    Francois

Ravyn, maybe you can tell me, WTF is an "inverted pentagram"? That makes no sense at all. A pentagram is a regular polyhedron, there is no such thing as a normal "top" nor "bottom" to a pentagram or any other regular polyhedron. So. What's the story?

francois

• LDH
    LDH

Hi Francois.

To my knowledge, a pentagram is a five pointed star. Conversely, an inverted pentagram would be a star standing on it's top point, kind of upside-down.

Lisa

• Cassandra Cain
    Cassandra Cain

Headbang! KewlHeadbang!

~Cassandra~

• Osarsif
    Osarsif

«Last year in New Jersey, U.S.A., two 15-year-old boys brutally killed a family’s pet Labrador dog named Princess. "It was a sacrifice for Satan," they claimed. They held the dog up by her chain, kicked her to death, ripped her tongue out and used it in a satanic ritual. They impaled the mutilated body of the dog on a large metal hook and hung it in a neighbor’s yard. Satanic markings were found on the dog’s head, and a pentagram (a five-pointed star in a circle—a Satanic symbol) was etched on the ground beneath the dog’s body. On the night of the killing, they were listening to Deicide (which means murder of God), a death-metal band, whose lead singer boasts of torturing and killing animals.» (Awake! September 22, 1994, pp. 7-8: Satanism’s Handmaidens—Drugs and Heavy-Metal Music)

«A WILD-EYED, long-haired young man stands before an audience of cheering, chanting fans. He takes a bucketful of animal blood and entrails and dumps it over the first few rows. The fans laugh, wipe the stuff on themselves, and throw chunks at one another. This scene, according to Florida’s St. Petersburg Times, took place at a rock concert by a band called Deicide, which means ‘the killing of a god.’ This kind of music is called death metal, supposedly the most extreme form of heavy-metal rock. In recent years it has become more popular in Florida and internationally, ever since the success of an album entitled Scream Bloody Gore, by a band called Death. The band Deicide is led by an avowed Satanist who claims to have hated God ever since a car accident left him with a J-shaped scar, which he is certain stands for either Jesus or Jehovah. He claims to hear voices urging him to kill himself, and he has burned a satanic symbol into his own forehead.» (Awake! July 8, 1992, p. 31: Death Metal—What’s the Message?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit