Sweden Branch on sale - Promotional Page

by Viva la Vida 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

This link may explain another reason why they planned to sell the Swedish Branch. It's an interesting article and appears to be ongoing. The WTBTS want to be considered as a religion in Sweden and be entitled to Government Funds and less taxes. It is reported that the Government consider Jehovah’s Witnesses as a sect and states in the report that

Jehovah’s Witnesses as a sect for the only reason that they are not part of the Christian Council of Sweden and do not partake in any ecumenical work. Furthermore, the SST went on to invoke internal doctrinal matters of Jehovah’s Witnesses to conclude “that it can be called in [to] question if JW fulfils the requirements stipulated in the law on grants to religious communities.”

The report mentions that the issues that concerned the Swedish Commission were to do with blood, treatment of disfellowshipped persons and nuetrality.

A Wikapedia entry also explains

Swedish Jehovah's Witnesses have also been criticized for allegedly not following the Convention on the Rights of the Child.[4]

http://www.upr-info.org/sites/default/files/document/sweden/session_21_-_january_2015/eajcw_-_european_association_of_jehovahs_christian_witnesses.pdf

No doubt this is viewed as further persecution but when all is said and done the only issue I can see is to do with money.

• Simon
    Simon
    Dam. I give them PROPS for being sound BUSINESS men.

I dunno. They were expanding printing business while the internet was growing and decimating traditional print media.

If they were really savvy (and of course guided by a prescient god) then they wouldn't have built all these immediately-obsolete facilities that now need to be sold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit