Evidence

by ekruks 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ekruks
    ekruks

I'm not denying the horrific crime happened - I want to know how so many years later it can be proven in court. There are often reports of these cases, and I am wondering what constitutes the evidence.

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Ekruks,

"I'm not denying the horrific crime happened - I want to know how so many years later it can be proven in court. There are often reports of these cases, and I am wondering what constitutes the evidence."

I am not sure if this was brought up in trial or not, but as per the Huffington post article, J. Kendrick, was convicted of lewd or lascivious acts with a child in 2004. Thus as time has gone by it has substantiated Candace's claim -- i.e. that J. Kendrick is a repeat sex offender and very likely did exactly what Candace said he did. However, time should not have been a big issue in terms of what actions the elders took, what the policy of Watchtower Society was at the time, etc. Much of that is recorded on paper.

Cheers,

-Randy

• blondie
    blondie

More than one child was molested and comes forward as an adult with the same details

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Sometimes it is the description of the abusers anatomy, or collaborative testimonies or even circumstantial evidence. The 'celebrity' saville case involves children attending tv studios or events or being in hospital when he and his driver abused them. Evidence may constitute anything from tv film footage of them being present, photos or medical motes of their time in hospital etc.

With child abuse, like rape, there is not always physical evidence, but the nature of the crime demands scrutiny and investigation. Usually cases are based on 2 versions of an event and then a hunt to weaken the others version, be it proving they have lied about alibi's or where they were, when and why etc.

Evidence becomes less about DNA and physical evidence and more about circumstance and versions of the event, e.g. Michael Jackson case etc.

Many children are abused by someone they know who takes advantage of the relationship/authority. There is very likely to be no evidence in most cases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit