CO overruling elders on appointments

by toto555 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

it is the exception and not the rule when both the BOE and CO do not agree,

That's because in most cases, the elders all have their nose so high up the COs azz that they can't open their mouth to be heard disagreeing about anything or they'll end up teabagging the dude.

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

I knew a BOE that hadn't appointed an elder for literally 8 or 9 years. When MS would leave the congregation and transfer to a different congregation in the same building!, they would get appointed.

The CO talked to them about this and they barely budged.

A professional MS that had been one for DECADES, FINALLY got appointed.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Every elder body is different. Whether that was part of the plan or not, there is no consistency with bodies of elders, beyond certain dogmatic basics. And even then, the dynamic will change based on BOE chosen variables like "mercy", "justice", "zeal", etc.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Some years ago when I still shave a git about being "appointed" a CO took me aside and asked why after nearly twenty years in the same town I wasn't. He told me to ask the eldurrs every few months what I must change to fit their mold. Didn't do a damned bit of good. The eldurrs had a hard-on for me because I won't carry water for them. Next time around he told me I had to much upper lip hair. Wanted it trimmed in a true Hitler style I guess. I didn't! Everyone else had cut theirs off entirely. Bunch of spineless puhzies!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Perhaps the brother that hasn't been appointed needs to whip out his penis and show it to the elders and CO just to make sure that they understand he really is a dude and not a woman just pretending to be a dude in order to get appointed.

Unless the person really is a woman pretending to be a dude in order to get appointed. In which case I say, "YOU GO GIRL!!"

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I was appointed an elder at the CO requests where the BOE continually did not put me forward. The CO asked them why I wasn't and got silence...

What annoyed me the most was elders already on the body who resigned and then wanted to come back on but the body wuld have a list of issues with them...I mentioned in an elders meeting why are these issues not being mentioned to the brother whilst they were elders? It seems when they were elders you can do what you want but as soon as you came off and wanted to go back on you had to sort these issues out...

• dozy
    dozy

That happened a couple of times when I was an elder. Generally COs are quite keen to make appointments ( it looks good on their reports , especially nowadays when there are so few brothers "reaching out" ) & can override a BOE.

On one occasion a guy was very keen to be appointed as a MS & complained to the CO beforehand. We had quite narrowly voted against making him a MS & the CO decided to push an appointment through. It turned out to be a bad decision though - in reality he wasn't qualified and he was a pretty useless MS - we took him off a couple of years later.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I knew a BOE that hadn't appointed an elder for literally 8 or 9 years. When MS would leave the congregation and transfer to a different congregation in the same building!, they would get appointed.

The CO talked to them about this and they barely budged.

A professional MS that had been one for DECADES, FINALLY got appointed.

Yep, sounds exactly like my old hall.... except we didnt share the KH with another cong. The nepotism was rife, if daddy or daddy in law wasnt in the holy trinity (the 3 power elders) or an elder at all it took fooooreeeeveeeer to get appointed.

But if daddy or daddy in law was in the holy trinity, then bam, the most useless inept pathetic speaker would get made an MS and then within 3 - 4 years be an elder. The quality of the meetings went right down hill as a result of having these sad jokes on the platform. Meantime, gifted ones outside the familly got overlooked year in year out. Some took decades to get appointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit