take you on!

clarity

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Its not me.

Its John Cedars from Jwsurvey

• nugget
    nugget

The Watchtower's world view is very rigid and makes so many assumptions that are incorrect. It is right to challenge their viewpoint as it highlights how their followers are constantly being misled.

• adamah
    adamah

Yeah, good job Cedars: it's presented in a calm and coherent manner, and even if the facts weren't on the ex-JW side, Cedars wins on style points, too, by presenting a more-human touch (in contrast, JW Defense used a thin, nasally-sounding voice-over track, and the video content is pretty flat, and devoid of life: it's hard to imagine that WTBTS is behind JW Defense, since it's rather amateurish).

I'm just wondering who JW Defense thinks his YouTube target audience is, in the first place: active JWs, or 'Worldly people'? The material is derived from insider doctrine presented at assemblies, so that's a losing approach from the get-go, since I'd think anyone who's thinking about becoming a JW isn't likely to find that kind of explanation to be very compelling, since the arguments contain many presuppositions? The only way it would be compelling is if the viewer read it as JWs having complete confidence in their beliefs, and projecting a sense of certainty (however false it may be) attracts many people.

But anyway, it's good to have the rebuttal out there....

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Great Job, John!

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

The difference between religion and cult is in the ease of one's ability to leave.

I adore Cedars. I commend him for being able to absorb JW information without getting violently ill (a feat that is beyond me). He responds very VERY well of the absurdity of the original video (which I had not watched until now). Great job, sir.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Tip top toppety top notch sir, as always!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

marked... will watch at a later time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit