Are you excited about the next space race?

by tootired2care 9 Replies latest social current

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

For the last several years a number of things have been coalescing to make deeper space exploration and colonization possible and even feasible. It seems that the velocity of such endeavors has really increased the last couple of years. Big things are in the works such as:

The probability seems high that there will be bases and colonies on the moon, and Mars, and even asteroid mining operations in the next decade. For me, these are exciting prospects, which will create fantastic opportunities and new industries.

Refecting on all of this, it really is a wonderful time to be alive, and to be out of the dumb cult, that would have us believe we have no business in space. Just think, the ones that make it off the earth your free of all the Satanic influences .

How about you, are you excited about these prospects, skeptical, or indifferent?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hey, that's cool. I'd love to be able to live to see the day man lands on Mars. If I can just live long enough to see first contact with the Vulcans, I'll be happy...

--sd-7

• prologos
    prologos

Money, resources well spent, hopefully drained from the military, the slackers.

it will also test the OT / WT god to enforce, or amend Ps. 115:16 "--- earth given to men(and to god's gift to men)---BUT-- heavens belong to god--"

It is great work, creates exciting communities, like the space coast people, infrastructure in Florida. and

think of the great benefit that will come from new spin-off products, technologies. but

Pity the departing, perhaps not returning space voyageurs who will have to live in these ugly machines away from home.

Yes go for it. and enjoy the post 1914, satan-free environment.

free period.

• caroline77
    caroline77

That's really funny, tootired. If Satan is down here will those in space be safe from his influence?

(Incidentally, I don't believe in Satan anyway.)

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Not going to happen. We wasted all our resources on an orgy of consumerism and unnecessary military nonsense and now the funds are gone. Not to mention the diminishing physical resources available for future projects. If we can't even establish colonies in Antartica or under the ocean where we would still have acces to necessary resources, how are we going to do it on Mars? We can't even do it on the moon!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@prologos - my thoughts exactly, and it is also something to hopefully help the religiously divided nations abandon their 'were saved and you're not' mind sets and hopefully come together for a common good for humanity.

@fadetoblack - The fact that Space exploration is being privatized by corporations with deep pockets means the resources are there, add to that huge profit incentives, and vast new resources to be mined, this is happening. I think it's wonderful that something is finally happening again after all these years of stagnation.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, very excited.

I soiled my shorts when I first heard about it.

Rub a Dub

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

The race now it's all about AI.

The last invention BTW.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't know that it excites me -- but it's very interesting and I wonder what will happen next. The Chinese are very determined, and I think they'll get a settlement on the moon if that's their goal.

But then, who owns the moon? Could be a problem there.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Thank you to everyone that is thinking of a human future where the economic sphere expands in volume. I recommend NasaSpaceFlight.com. Thespacereview.com is also accessible. And remember, it does not belong to man who is walking on the moon to even direct his first giant leap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit