Has Anyone Totted Up the Overall Number of Child Abuse Cases Within the Borganisation?

by outinthemeadows 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• outinthemeadows
    outinthemeadows

I just wondered how many cases of child abuse have been declared within the Borganisation? There must be a wapping amount.....and I'm wondering how that compares with other "christian" denominations?

I'm in the UK and theres been a load of cases here, more recently in Manchester New Moston Congregation. Makes me sick actually so I don't know why I'm posting this question out into the void....

• zeb
    zeb

I have said several times now again. If someone were to research the stats and find out the % of offenders in the wts compared to other churches it would be very revealing. Once such stats were revealed the cry would go up; "Persecution persecution!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The stats would soar if you include physical and verbal abuse.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Good question. I would like to know. Has anybody ever tried asking WT headquarters for info?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hasn`t Barbara Anderson covered this subject before ?

Pedophillia In An American Religion ?

smiddy

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

There are 2 Jehovah's witness guys in for sex crimes where one of my friends works. They are both studying again but not f2f'd.it's a freaking joke.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I meant disfellowshipped.my keyboard is demonic.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Sorry for the confusion. My friend works at a correctional facility.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just think of the "human apostate" talk.. They committed a hate-crime and verbally abused millions of people at once. They even got in some hot water because of it. I think the fallout from the "human apostate" talk was the reason they focused on "loving your enemies" at the last CA. They abuse and threaten, then the do a 180, just like any other abuser in a relationship.

The percentage of members being abused is 100%. What type of abuse is another matter.

DD

• Terry
    Terry

There is a huge gap between actual abuse being done and the REPORTED cases of it.

I know of one family in which three daughters and one son were repeatedly molested by the father (who was not a JW) and the JW mother

wanted to leave him and get a divorce. The elders would not approve because no witnesses could corroborate it.

The son killed himself eventually.

Two of the daughters got disfellowshipped and the third married my best friend at age 15.

She is now good friends with her dad (the molester) and won't speak to her mother (who is DF'd).

I can't think about this too often or I get blazing angry at the extreme madness of this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit