Does faith really mean everything to the practicing Jehovah's Witness

by I_love_Jeff 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Thank you Captain Obvious.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I thought this would be a faith/grace vs. works thread. The Williams sisters are a good example. Are they active Witnesses or do they have a relative that is active? Bethel never says. If a local brother or sister cannot receive a Higher Education without an investigation into privileges, what is the likelihood that anyone here could put in the practice time required for the highest level of tennis competition rather than do field service and meetings? I laugh when they claim to be Witnesses. Both Serena and Venus do fashion. Their bodies are strong. Their posture on the court is not demure.

I recall tennis before women grunted. They grunt loudly. Not very ladylike for Witnesses. It is sad b/c young people watching from home might think the WTBTs embraces the values the Williams sisters portray. JW.org shocked me. One cannot recognize the underlying religion for all the clean, and nonthreatening presentation. Ordinary women will believe they can be a fashion forward superstar, too.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

This Coco chick doesn't have the money that MJ or the Williams sisters do, so I know she's not handing out in "green handshakes/checks" to the Society. If some (regular) sisters picture was caught in magazine posing half naked you know some nosy sister would bring it to the elders attention.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

To be fair though, neither you nor BOTR posted good examples of "practicing" Jehovah's Witnesses where questions surrounding faith can be entertained. You'd be hard pressed to visit the average Kingdom Hall and find people like Coco Rocha, Michael Jackson, and while we're at it, Prince or Serena Williams. If anything, you'll find the polar opposite, or something in between......SFPW/Miz

Oh I disagree..

When those people wear the WBT$ JW Cult like a badge of honour and the WBT$ does nothing..

They are fair game..

Just like the rest of the of the "Not so Famous JW`s" who live a double life and get away with it..

..............................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit