Church of Nativity Burns, No Christian Outcry?

by Valis 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Well, now that Yasser has left, there's fires burning around the Church of the Nativity. One question I have is, where is the outcry from all those that believe jesus was born there and it is indeed a holy site? I would think they would be up in arms...some literally. As well, do you think there would have been a bigger outcry from Christians if there were Jews in the church and surrounded by Muslims instead?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I don't think there is an outcry because most Christians view the site as the 'genuine' birthplace with a grain of salt.... A few of the 'holy' sites in Jerusalem are suspect as 'genuine', therefore it really doesn't mean that much - It's not like the Rock of the Dome which is saced to a Muslim...where the Prophet Mohammed supposedly ascended to heaven IMHO.

• borgfree
    borgfree

I can only speak for myself of course, but I view the building as just a building. "God does not dwell in man made temples"

Borgfree

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Ziggy
  • Celia
    Celia

It sure would be a shame if those buildings were destroyed.
    Not because they're holy, but because they've been there such a long time.
    It's always sad when old buildings are destroyed.
    The whole conflict is a shame.
    I don't see an end to it.
    But in the early 80s, I would never have believed that the Berlin Wall would ever come down !

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The Jews have had so many of their synagogues destroyed and
    burnt during the centuries. I would think they would be
    very careful about destroying this church. It seems to me
    it could unleash a tide of anti-Semitism worldwide???

• messenger
    messenger

Perhaps Jesus will put out the fire. Surely Jesus is stronger than Mohammad.

• SexKitten
    SexKitten

I really don't care about these Catholic holy sites or shrines, there all going to pass away any-way.
    Let the Vatician deal with it, they seem to be on good ground with the muslims.
    My Lord is in Heaven seated on the right hand of G*d the Father. As for Jerusalem here on earth and the dome of the rock they all can fight as much as they like over it because the Kingdom of G*d is with-in. Not here on earth.
    But, I do think the Jews have the claim over the land as it is thiers. I don't remember G*d giving it to the palistians.
    And I would rather a Jewish nation any day, then a muslim one.
    There's a new Jerusalm and Temple awaiting me and all the saints, a real and literial place that will last forever.
    "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in G*d; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John.14:1-4
    'Jesus answered,"I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me..." John.14:6-7
    "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down ou of heaven from G*d, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband."
    Rev.21:1-3
    2Peter;3:10-14

• Valis
    Valis

messenger, my money's on the pope...he may look like he's about to meet Jehovah, but watch out!!!

Kenneson, one would think there would be lots of irritated christians, particularly here in this country. I agree with Celia about the age and historical significance of the building itself. We've seen how both sides deeply respect each other's property though. Perhaps its time to send the crusaders back to Jerusalem and smite both sides with the mighty fist of the christian dog...oh and his right hand the U.S. army.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

While it truly would be a shame if the site is burned, whether or not it truly marks the spot where Christ was born, it doesn't really much matter it it's destroyed or not. My BIGGEST problem with the whole thing is the double standard from which the muslims operate. Imagine the outcry if a bunch of Catholics took over the AL Aqsa Mosque compound and was having a fire fight. They'd go nutsoo.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit