The 1914 war in heaven was first announced in 1925

by Doug Mason 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

In its issue of March 1, 1925, The Watch Tower published the leading article entitled “The Birth of The Nation” which was the first announcement that there had been war in heaven after the Gentile Times ended in 1914 and that the Devil and his angels had been cast down to our earth. But this was further called attention to later in the article “The King in Action” in the issue of September 15, 1925. This ousting of the Devil and his angels from heaven had its effect upon the “wild beast” and its kingdom here on earth. All this was forcefully presented in the book entitled “Deliverance,” which was released on Friday, May 28, 1926, at the international convention in London, England, after the conventioners adopted a resolution entitled “A Testimony to the Rulers of the World.” The sixth proposition of this resolution stated that “by reason of the blinding influence of Satan the minds of the rulers and the ruled are turned away from the true God.” – “ ‘Babylon The Great Has Fallen’ – God’s Kingdom Rules!” (1963), page 554

• VM44
    VM44

The 1925 "Birth of the Nation" Watchtower article is available to download and read here:

https://archive.org/details/BirthOfTheNationFromMarch11925Watchtower

• prologos
    prologos

WT speak: prophecy is only understood during or AFTER it's fulfillment.

and counting.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thats very interesting Doug . I think the way the society presents things, you would beleive they were saying this long before the events of1914 came to pass.

I think maybe I had that impression when I converted in 1960 .

Eleven years after the event they come up with nu-lite explaining the reasons for world war 1 , tying in satans ousting from the heavens ( even though he was ousted after the outbreak of WW1 )

smiddy

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

smiddy,

Rutherford was still teaching the 1874 Parousia in 1930.

Doug

• prologos
    prologos

I remeber commenting before being shut down that it took wt writers 11 years to realize that the kingdom had started in 1914. but no surprise,

it took the newer brooklyn batch 94 years to discovere that the FADS was appointed in 1919.

Their accuity is fading

• caroline77
    caroline77

Seems to me that if there was war in heaven there is not much hope for peace down here.

• VM44
    VM44

I have never understood why was there even a War in Heaven at all?

Is not Jehovah all powerful?

By simply speaking a command, He could have banished Satan and the demons to the vicinity of the earth!

• prologos
    prologos

Since that war is in heaven and according to the tired old light of the Russel era,

God resided in the PLEIADES heavens, we will not have visual confirmations of the event for 440 Years . unless the combattants were Entangelled the Quantum way.

If you were in heaven would you want to leave?

God is a tough landlord. Kicking his kids out of eden, the Cherub out of heaven,

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WT speak: prophecy is only understood during or AFTER it's fulfillment.

OR: Evidently, God &/or Christ Jesus is a poor communicator.

Perhaps God needs to appoint a new PR rep here on Earth considering that the current one (WTS) is only have success with winning over 1/10th of 1/% of the available market. That's grounds for dismissal anywhere.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit