Peter O'Toole passes

by designs 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

He is/was one of the "last of the greats", but I always wondered if that was his original name or just a big "F U" to Hollywood since he started way back in the day of the Hayes Office, which was heavy on censorship.

• St George of England
    St George of England

He had a full life.

He even rode a Brough Superior in Lawrence of Arabia!

George

• smiddy
    smiddy

R.I.P. Peter O`Toole

smiddy

• jws
    jws

A film I've seen many times. Caligula where he played Tiberius Ceasar.

"Swim my little fishies"!

• mrquik
    mrquik

I don't remember the movie, but he played a boozing actor past his prime. As he left the ladies bathroom, I woman stopped him & said " That's for women. He replied, " So is this, but every once in a while I have to run a little water through it." Miss him already.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Hey, look at the bright side. At least he died before the big A, so he has the resurrection hope

Don't remember ever seeing a movie with him in it. Maybe I'll check one out now that he's gone.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

He was an awesome actor. And, when he was in his prime, he was totally gorgeous and sexy.

HOWEVER - sadly, he did not age well. He was only 81 but had looked much older for years. Drink? Probably.

• d
    d

yes I heard how sad.

• zeb
    zeb

Sealaam,

Thankyou Peter o'Toole for being 'Lawrence' and showing the terrible deserts where my father fought in WW II.

Sleep well the sleep of the just.

Selaam Alikoom

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

@ lois I think it was noël coward who made the Florence remark. Very funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit