Question about donating sperm.

by ballistic 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just a hypothetical question. What do the witnesses believe about being a sperm donor?

• Carmel
    Carmel

how do you think we all got here?

w/o a donor, we be naught

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

They would disagree with it, even going as far as to label it adultry.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I can't speak about the current position, although I would be surprised to hear that it changed. When I was in it was a DF offense on the grounds that by fathering a child with some one else you where committing fornication.

Don't ask me about the logic of that, I'm just passing on what they said.

• Matty
    Matty

Awake 1993 8th March Page 27
    Surrogate Motherhood-Is It for Christians?

Does surrogate motherhood honor marriage and keep the marriage bed undefiled? Simply put, no. Traditional surrogacy requires the insemination of the woman by donor sperm. The Bible’s view may be found at Leviticus 18:20, which says: “You must not give your emission as semen to the wife of your associate to become unclean by it.” There is no Biblical basis for making a distinction between insemination by intercourse and insemination artificially by donor implantation. Therefore, in either case, fornication or adultery is committed when insemination is accomplished by a male other than the woman’s legal husband.

• Francois
    Francois

Does that mean that if you wear a condom and thus no sperm is left that no sex took place at all?

Reductio ad absurdum says that's exactly what it means.

Stupid bastards.

Francois

• Valis
    Valis

What about Abraham having sex with Sarah's Egyptian maid servant Hagar, because Jehovah said he was going to have another son? I guess this would be a little different, but not much. If a couple wanted to have a child, would the surrogate be sinning by having the insemination or just the old in and out? One drawback might be that the offspring starts another religion, which could put a kink in things...what was Abraham thinking?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Imbue
    Imbue

The WT says it is fornication if the woman is not married to the sperm donor!

"Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

can i help you??

oooooooooooogahhhhhhhhh

• Beans
    Beans

I practice this ritual weekly and the the Watchtower has not told me any different.

Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit