Nervousness While Commenting?

by schlick 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rmt1
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Seriously, my advice is don't comment. That ends the nervousness!

But since you asked-- prearrange with the WT conductor that you would like to be called on to answer Question#4a.

You don't have to give a speech.

Be brief.

Don't overthink it.

No one there is better than you.

Make believe you are an actor playing a part.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I wouldn't comment.

If you are the kind of person who gets nervous in public speaking, you will probably always be that way. Even Ringo Starr says he still gets nervous when going out to perform.

No reason to give yourself more anxiety than is necessary.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

>>Nervousness While Commenting?<<<

It's part of the hook. It's how they hook you. Association theory of psychology would say that you associate that excitment with whatever you are doing at the time and heighten your sense of wonder. It's how men hook women. It's how the watchtower hooks you. With fear and excitment of pubic speaking.

It's as if the JW's have nothing to get excited about. They don't go to sporting events. They don't participate in issues of community that might otherwise teach you not to be nervous. They don't compete other than to fear losing friends and family if you don't toe the line to the corporation.

I've always maintained that the public speaking is just another way for the WT to hook you because you don't do ANYTHING else in your life that raises you to that level of excitement.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I always had the same problem, and sometimes almost fainted while participating in giving talks or going door to door.

It's not as bad now that I am 50, but I did join Toastmasters this year to help me overcome the fear of public speaking. I highly recommend it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit