They all laughed when I insisted that the Yellowstone caldera was a threat...

by Nathan Natas 11 Replies latest social current

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Strangely enough, Jesus never warned that "there will be wars and rumors of wars, but if the Yellowstone caldera blows, we're toast."

...and Jesus' composite bride through the pages of The Watchtower, NEVER suggested that deeply-dipped Dubs ought to move OUT of the area downwind of Yellowstone, lest they be transformed in the twinkling of an eye into crispy monoliths.

But up here in the UADNA orbiting space platform, things are DIFFERENT. We're RATIONAL. We test our hypotheses against demonstrable, repeatable and verifiable REALITY. This is the cross we bear for you.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/12/beneath-yellowstone-a-volcano-that-could-wipe-out-u-s/

• Watkins
    Watkins

From analysis of rock and sediment layers, scientists say another eruption is almost due – at least by geological standards.

It appears the supervolcano explodes roughly once every 700,000 years.

Three such eruptions are known: One was 2.1 million years ago. Another was 1.3 million years ago.

The most recent was 640,0000 years ago.

So, "roughly" only 60,000 years to go! The end is soooo near! ("at least by geological standards" - the wt should adopt that disclaimer, eh?)

W~

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

im pretty sure one show I watched put us past-due for an explosion. But they admitted, just because historically they happen about every 600k years, it could very be it will never erupt again as much as it might. There is simply no way of knowing.

• rmt1
    rmt1

One of my finest cinematic nightmares was right after 9/11. I was living in Tucson in the future, California had fallen off the map, I could look out on Pacific beachfront property, and the wife and I lived in a spacious futuristic glass house. I took the freeway to the coast, and lo, an event of Biblical proportions. I looked north and saw beyond the horizon mountains of fire leaving earth; I looked upper and saw a (basically an asteroid-size) chunk of burning rock heading down at me from its parabolic arc. If I had to date it it was late this century. Nightmares are a free movie and you don't have to pay those jackasses a cent for popcorn.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

They all laughed when I insisted that the Yellowstone caldera was a threat....

• prologos
    prologos

I'll stick with Old Faithfull for now, geologically speaking. timewise.

• Scully
    Scully

After a long and deafening public silence, UADNA finally speaks!

How I have missed UADNA bulletins!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

This is the sort of thing that put the kibosh on god for me. It's amazing we haven't been blown off the earth before now, with all the threats. I'm not going to get excited about it -- if that volcano blows, we're all toast, so why worry? Same thing for an asteroid hitting the earth. Not going to worry.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, i wish it would hurry up and wipe out the usa. THEN, we canadians will have our turn to take over the world - grrrr. Wheres my pizza?

S

• Nathan Natas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit