February KM

by pixel 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

Look at this instructions on the February KM:

Announcements

"When engaging in public witnessing using a table or a cart, publishers should not display Bibles. However, they may have Bibles available to offer to individuals who request one or who demonstrate sincere interest in the truth."

So much for free publications! But you can display the magazines. Aha.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Wow. All about cheap marketing tools, not about teaching the word.

Gideons they are not.

Money. Money. Money.

• pixel
    pixel

I think is because now they have shiny-new Bibles. Before with the old ones, they did not care and used to put it on the picture of how to arrange the table and carts, but since the new Bible is better that the old one, screw the public.

They don't even say "just display one", no, they are like: "dont let the public see or know that we have Bibles, just magazines".

• Tech49
    Tech49

Sad day for the publishing company known formally as Watchtower. I was previously disgusted by the fact that they were campaigning with their rolly carts, and did not display bibles....... because they didnt have any.

And now that they have them in stock...... they don't want them displayed for the general public to see or take at will. What if someone genuinely WANTS a bible, and doesnt want the hassle and sales-pitch of talking to you face-to-face?

Sad that the organization so many grew up with has morphed into this seudo-bible worship. Its more about JW.Org and the WT and AWAKE magazines than anything else, including a book that so many hold as sacred and holy. You used to be able to offer the plain, paperback bible to ANYONE that wanted it. Here, take a dozen!!

Sorry, no bibles for you plebians, unless of course you BEG for it and if they feel you DESERVE to have a copy.

Bleh.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Does anyone have any "undercurrent" amount that the WTS wants for those "revised" NWTs or anyone volunteering how much they are "donating?"

Also, pixel, were there any "Highlight" comments in that Feb. KM?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK the general publishers still do not have new Bibles.

Only elders, wives, MS's and pioneers

George

• PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix

I know of MS's in the UK that don't have the new bible yet.

• blondie
    blondie

They haven't offered the bible to the public for a long, long time. Only established bible students and then they remind them about the donation arrangement.

So what was so bad about the 1984 edition that they went to all this expense for only jws?

There was a time when the NWT (until 2000) was featured just about Christmas time (November/December), so people at door would see what a good present it would make.

• pixel
    pixel

Gayle, I only saw a memorial Q&A and the announcement of the memorial campaing. Same old same old.

• Gayle
    Gayle

pixel, sorry, I don't have access to a copy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit