Billy and anyone else taking final exams, this is for you

by nonjwspouse 8 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My son wrote this about his recent exam experience. I thought you'd appreciate

Exam: 10:15 AM - 12:15 PM

1:36 AM : Set alarm for 9:30 AM ("That'll be plenty of time to make it there by *11:15 AM*)

9:45 AM - 10:45 AM : - Have breakfast, read articles, drink maté, play with dogs. 11:10 AM : Park, start walking, check phone ("BCMB 415: Final Exam - 10:15 AM" ... Large panic-breaths, "No ... no. No no no no no NO NO!")

11:11 AM : Sprint across campus.

11:15 AM : Receive exam ("I can't believe he still gave me one.")

11:30 AM : Finish Exam (Relax)

11:45 AM : Turn in exam (After reviewing work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerkes-Dodson_law)

12:17 PM : Return home ("Cold beer? I think so.")

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

I just finished mine. I could picture your son sprinting across campus! I hope he did really well.

gorgia

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Thanks Gorgia, actually he likely did. He has been pulling in A's. He switched majors ( basically opposite end of the spectrum from each other!) and should graudate in May.

I hope you did a good job on yours!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I was given the option NOT to take one of my finals since I already have something like a 110% grade in that class. Pretty cool!

Best of luck to everyone out there!

• d
    d

I finished mine yesterday I feel great.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Finished mine too. Statistics was a doozy!! Still got all A's though :)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ack! You guys with your A+ grades. That used to be me. Since moving up the academic ladder, those have disappeared from my exam scores.

While it's a great feeling to study hard and earn a top grade, for those (now including me) that study hard and still score in the middle (or lower) in your class, don't let it get you down. Keep learning.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Billy, when I was in school, as a non traditional student with many other responsibilties, I did not make those As many times. I did not fret over that. It's all a wash once you graduate. The first employers are the only ones that MIGHT ook at the GPA. Past that it's nothing.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Getting the time or venue wrong is as scary as being kidnapped by Al Queda, at least with al queda praying may help.....

Yeah, in final year, gone are the days where you can get a decent mark , now we sacrifice goats to Zeus and plead with the universe for simply a pass... As for finishing early, we get 140 questions and 3 hours to complete them. The end of the exam usually includes people meandering around in a daze talking about having 30 minutes left to answer 50 questions and having to guess 15 at random. People tap them on the shoulder and tell the not to worry, knowing full well they should probably worry.... Then we sit and wait for the results but more importantly the moderation, last year we adopted a new system, we were moderated by 17%, needing 67% to get 50% in the exam, so just under a first to get a third.

Exam Vietnam......

i haaaaaaaaaaaate exams.... Wtf was I thinking?.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit