Ohio woman thanks lawyer for saving her life 36 years ago from Jehovah's Witnesses

by Watchtower-Free 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Don't sully the moonwalk with that comparrison. :)

There are alot of unknowns in this subject. Honestly, I have a hard time understanding the value of holding on to this doctrine at all? Do they fear law suits? They still claim it as a "core" doctrine, but you really are not disfellowshipped for it anymore. When bringing up my issues with elders, they all say they don't disfellowship for this anymore. Now that may be a matter of practice and not policy, but still.

Isn't that odd?

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

What I heard they do now is call it a automatic Disassociation . Just playing with words .

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

PROBLEMADDICT: [The elders] all say they don't disfellowship for this anymore.

WATCHTOWERFREE: What I heard they do now is call it a automatic Disassociation . Just playing with words .

WTFREE is right on. If a person accepts a BT for self or family, they have and do not express repentant attitude, then they have indicated (by their actions) they are "no longer one of JWs". IOW -- they have dissassociated themselves (by their actions).

So...........that's right...........NO ONE is disfellowshipped for accepting a blood transfusion. [wink] [wink]

Doc

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Considered to be the go to guy at Watchtower for the Blood issue.... Gene Smalley a complete scumbag

• Watchtower-Free
  • flipper
    flipper

Awesome story Watchtower Free, thanks for posting. Incredible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I always feared that my parents would let me die. My mother loved me very much but she was born-in and limited by her experiences. She was terrorized by my father. Even in the 1950s, parents had no right to make such a choice. It gave me heart ache. I sensed that they did not believe in the blood doctrine but both were captive to family pressure. When my younger sister was hospitalized, I informed my mom I would call the judge before the hospital would call. I told her if she said "no blood" for my sister, I would call a judge immediately. She would lose custody. My mom backed down.

Looking back, I am amazed. She never believed the Witnesses. Was my baby sister to be a sacrifice for her family fears of rejection? My kid sister has no idea of the battles I waged for her. There are limits to freedom of religion. How did I know that no court would ever allow such a stance? These cases used to garner big publicity. The Witnesses would be so upset by such court orders. I just sat in the KH and roared my appreciation for government in my mind.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Wow. Band on the Run

• Bebopin
    Bebopin

Great story! First time ive heard of this one :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit