Paul Walker on Atheism: How could anyone not believe?

by Joliette 24 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

entropy,(disorder) increases with the passing through time,

so was the universe more ordered in the past?

If you go back past the big bang, all the order was possibly there? IN TIME.

a possibility advanced by Sir Roger Penrose of Oxford Uni.

If you can think of a creator NOT MOVING through Time, there would not have to be a beginning (of moving through time).

The buck would stop there, for it is

the ultimate permanet stop.

• Simon
    Simon

entropy, (disorder) increases with the passing through time, so was the universe more ordered in the past?

I think the 'order / disorder' words may be a little confusing ... entropy relates to themodynamics and it basically means that pressure, density and temperature all tend to become uniform over time as heat flows to colder objects (law of thermodynamics). So, one day there would be no stars, everything would eventually be burnt up and energy evenly spread out with no discernible structure to it.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I probably resemble a small group (I see it on social media also where the percentage of deists is a hell lot smaller then the atheist/theist groups)... I believe in a God-being... and I think Paul Walker did too. He just was not so fond of religion (just like me :P)

Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature. For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature, but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles) – phenomena which Deists regard with caution if not skepticism. (source: wikipedia)

Why is it wrong to believe in A God.... but not one that has been battered and hammered in our asses 24/7? It has nothing to do with irrational thinking. I just do not believe in a unlimited luckfactor. I am a pokerplayer and have played about 8000 tournaments online... I know what the odds are of having a perfect hand every single time (even with a big amount of time and volume). The more time and volume, the more you come close to the odds. Now... If I had UNCONTRELABLE evolution as a basis it would never make sense. It is a chance of billions vs billions vs billions vs billions (uncountable!). So... either there has someone been rigging the chancefactor or we are at this moment witnessing the luckiest animals/people since we have won uncountable times the lottery of existence.

No... I do think there is someone who created rules and regulations. No odds... just controllable laws and regulations so that everything goes in an orderly fashion and YES... that takes a hell lot of time. Is that someone or something really interested in the detailed work? If I look at the universe (macro-cosmos) or the tiniest thing in existance (nano/micro-cosmos) I do not see a reason why WE are the center of the universe in "his" book. You see... it is actually a bit arrogant to think we are that.

On the other hand I DO think it is ignorant to believe there is noone. Why? Atheism has got the same problem as the God-theory: A beginning... everything has started SOMEWHERE. I am not talking about intelligent design at this moment. Just at the FACT it HAS started at a singular point.

Evolution by the way is NOT a theory which WANTS to explain the start of the cosmos or something... it is a WAY in which things DEVELOP. That is one of the corefaults of religion: they think the theory wants to debunk God altogether which in my opinion is not the case.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Paul Walker killed himself, right, carelessly, needlessly? How does that prove God exists?

Using what leverage do flaming sanctimonious back-clapping kangaroo court fraudulent newscaster circus showmen on a sound stage expect their viewer to find conviction that the physical world was personally designed?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

It proves neither the existence or non-existence ... Paul was at the wrong place at the wrong time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit