BOE - CONVENTION 2014

by WatchTower87 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

Re: Convention Service Meeting part for week of January 6, 2014

http://adf.ly/aYq16

Instruction: press the 'skip ad' button top right, you should then see the download screen more easily

NO VIRUS ;-)

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Wow they're really cracking down on the hotels thing.

NO WAY I'm staying in their approved list. WAY too expensive.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

WTF is with the:

"...Thereafter, he should arrange for anyone in his group needing accommodations to write down hotel reservation phone numbers from the list. However, they should not receive a copy of the list in any form."

So, people, making reservations on their own dime, asked to do so from a specific list should not receive a copy of said list, they should only be dictated selected phone numbers from it!?!?

Did I already say WTF, can't remember...in case I haven't, then WTF?!?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

My New Years resolution this year is to book my own reservations inspite of this list. No CO will be getting a free room on my dime.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I'm not going at all. That way, they can't make a profit on those bedbug motels they put on the approved list. One star for the price of 4? Better to skip the whole thing--you will also save the weekend for what you want to do, and stop them from hounding you to quit your work and pious-sneer.

Remember, they always have "I quit my job so I could pious-sneer. Now I am poor, but I am happy that joke-hova is benefiting." crap on the experiences. With 5,000 idiots cheering, psychic energy is making you poor. If you are not there, you are not going to connect with that energy. And you get to save that money, which is usually far more than whatever you wasted on the event itself.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

It always smelled fishy to me... all these hotels with good prices... and they putted the list on the memoboard in the past! But woe and behold when you want to put a weddingcard on it ;)

• Listener
    Listener

Quoted from BOE letter "This is causing difficulty in working with some hotels and can bring reproach on the organization."

If they didn't get involved in these commercial arrangements then they wouldn't be exposing themselves to any reproach.

Another quote "Our annual conventions will afford us a fine opportunity both to take in divine instruction and to enjoy the warm association of our brothers and sisters. (Deut. 16:15) May Jehovah bless your efforts as you prepare to at-tend the 2014 conventions!"

Unbelievable, they are calling their accommodation arrangement 'divine instruction'. Divine being considered Godlike.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I cannot see th download. So if I understand a list will not be posted BUT an elder will provide the contact info?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hotels ?? Bah !

I can recall back in the day when the host city would canvass the territory and ask householders if they could make a room available for vising "delegates"...for a small fee , perhaps five shillings a night or seven-and-sixpence if it was asked.

Surprisingly, people did open up and we always got our "digs"

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I actually rather like the hotel we usually stay at. It's got a fridge and a TV, and free wi-fi. That's kind of all I need.

Actually, why not just stay in the hotel, get some fried shrimp from that seafood place nearby, and watch 'Terminator' again? I find that arrangement highly acceptable. May we rejoice at the bounteous provisions that the slave class, which is rapidly dwindling, I mean look, there used to be almost 10,000 of them and now it's down to 8, how amazing is that, brothers? Let us rejoice at the provisions they have given us. /sarc

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit