New here and having ah ha moments!

by Angus Beef 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Welcome, Angus and hello to 4thgen:

I can relate to both of you, as I learned TTAT when I was 38, about ten years ago. My favorite quote is John Dewey: Anyone who starts thinking puts part of [his or her] world in jeopardy. For JWs, that's a very large part of their world--and it just crumbles. But you will come out the other side, immeasurabley stronger and smarter. I went back to school, got undergrad and grad degrees and am now a professor at a small public university. I love my job, I love my life, and best of all, I love my mind. Because it's mine, now. All of it.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^^^Well said.

• Angus Beef
  • Bella15
    Bella15

Those 20 years perhaps will help you realize whom the TRUTH is. God can give you beauty for 20 years of ashes. Love.

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

I realized that this post was a year ago come the 10th of Dec. Amazing how much you learn over a years time. How green I was... just wanted to say thank you for all those who post and how much it's helped. A year... wow... it went by fast.

• fiddler
    fiddler

So, how IS life now, Angus beef? Have you faded successfully and can still be a grandparent? I hope so. How is hubby doing? Any other family members on way out?

• steve2
    steve2

Angus Beef - time flies when you are growing into maturity after having been developmentally stifled for years by the organization's

"Baby food" . Congratulations not only on your growth but also your 1st anniversary articulating your thoughts.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You have matured into a lovely apostate...cheers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit