My little guy asked me why I don't go to the meetings

by SnailsPace2 8 Replies latest social family

• SnailsPace2
    SnailsPace2

I just wanted to share a cute story about my 6 year old. He has been asking me why I haven't been going to the meetings recently. He sometimes goes with my in-laws without me. I couldn't avoid it any longer so I sat down with him and told him that mommy has learned some things from the Bible that is different from what the meetings teach. He wanted to know what. I told him that some things that are said at the meetings isn't from the Bible but 8 men who live in New York City made it up. When I said this his jaw literally dropped and he stared at me like that was the dumbest thing he has ever heard. He said "How can 8 men in New York know what God and Jesus want?" . . . . exactly.

I can see how this will eventually bite me in the butt when he lets it slip to his grandparents, but I wanted to be honest with him in a way he would understand (and he made me proud with his response)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

That is quite a bright response for a 6yo! The in-laws may not like what you are saying to your son but he is YOUR son not theirs-right?

• humbled
    humbled

I LOVE it!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is wonderful. A child can see what we couldn't, that no man or group of men could possibly know more than anyone else what God wants.

• Zoos
    Zoos

That's great, SnailsPace. I guess if it's never too young for the WT to begin their indoctrination crap (Listen, Obey and be Blessed... ), then the same would apply in teaching their young minds to critically examine.

Time to institute a family home study night of your own, I think.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

How cute is that!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

How cute is that!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

So your answer was to lie to him?

"some things that are said at the meetings isn't from the Bible but 8 men who live in New York City made it up"

That is not true. And that is not the reason to not go to meetings.

What is taught there is true. The problem is that the purpose of what is taught there is focus on them to where our lives mean nothing. They have a tract or invitation campaign and people quit jobs and give up overtime and education to do that. Thus they are simply deliveryboys.

The theory is that people doing what is right by Christian standard will survive armageddon. But what happens to those who die at armageddon? They are dead, unconscious. But then so are all of those who died for the past 6000 years. So they are spending all of their conscious time now so as to not be unconscious in the future by that event. Those who died will be resurrected. Why can't we spend our time enjoying life now and survive Armageddon. And is better than or. I don't think that God will punish people for wanting to live above poverty and not be focused on meetings and field service. Organizational things are all about the organization.

• carla
    carla

Rattigan350, you seriously need to do some more research.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit