Earthly Organization Reset - What Would You Do?

by committeechairman 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nice ideas, but they will NEVER happen. Elders from congregations that share a KH can't even buy a lawn mower without months of useless debate and head-butting. How could reform ever take place?? The only hope would have to occur from the top-down, that means Sanderson, because everyone else is going to die off soon. Sanderson KNOWS the blood-ban is wrong, but he made his bones in the HLC division of the ORG. Is he really going to admit all the WTBTS's wrongs and implement real change? The chance of reform is somewhere between slim and none, IMO.

DD

• designs
    designs

The Wt. could do some simple adjustments and build some credibility as a caring organizations- Senior Living Centers (like many other churches have), set environmental goals and have the congregations work in their communities (Adopt A Highway programs etc), support or run Food Banks and Homeless Shelters.

When all you are known for is spreading tracks you don't have much respect in your community and you aren't known for caring.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi Endof Mysteries,

Exactly what I thought. I put this in the site just so I could confirm what I already knew. I live in NYC, it's freezing today. I saw a homeless man sitting on the sidewalk & a man talking to him, when I turned the corner I saw a van....BC (I THINK) HOMELESS OUTREACH...they ride around looking for the homeless & try to find them a place to get warm & some food. I once saw a witness van out there once, but just driving around, doing what I don't know. I would love to know what happened in New Orleans when Katrina hit. Did they run around the stadium giving out tracts or magazines ? I have never heard any media say that the witnesses helped anyone. I do know that when some of them volunteer for RBC, they let you know about it. Look at us we are helping..Of course when things happen, we should first help our own, but then you can also extend yourself to others...As organized as the witnesses are, they surely could contribute to disasters all over the world...

Thank you for telling me what I knew. I will store that in the back of my brain, for the future when one of the friends say, We Help, I'll just nod my head & say in my head...sure you do. I have heard many stories about the org. not helping folks who dedicated their lives to God. They may hate the catholics but they sure do take care of the nuns, they don't toss them out when the get older, do they?

Legacy

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What part of "RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET" do you not understand?

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

In the spirit of this post, maybe:

centralise leadership in one person for a more coherent message - none of this namby pamby decision making by committee - why would Jah inspire eight when it is more efficient to inspire one - Rutherford was right! over time that person could change doctrine sucht that the membership refer to Him (it msut be a Him) as Jehovah to make it clearer exactly who is meant when Jehovah is refered to in the literature.

more draconian penalties for those who transgress - shunning is for wimps - how about electric shock treatment to get those having apostate thoughts back on tract

more effective marketing - with the help of the NSA build an algorithm that can interrogate all data on the Internet looking for those who are really down and depressed and work out how to puich their buottons and then spam them mercilessly unitl they start participating in meetings (which could also be run as an endless Skype chat room)

Sorry to take the piss but if something is

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

...FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED you can't 'improve it' by tinkering around at the edges...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit