Archangels

by dog is god 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dog is god
    dog is god

Beng raised n da troof I thought there was ONE archangel, Michael ( aka Jesus ). So I am talking to a woman who mentions that she named her cats after the archangels (plural). How could I have missed that little gem? What is the deal about this?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

There are actually a lot according to literature like book of enoch: Gabriel, Uriel, Rafael etc etc.

The bible do not really mention them like that but if you read the text: "the voice of A Archangel" it is quite logic there should be more... (IF they would exist that is ;))

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

The NT names three of the archangels. Michael (who is not Jesus), Gabriel, and Phanuel (luke 2:36).

• Inkie
    Inkie

Bart:

The Bible does not mention three Archangels. Phanuel was a man, the father of the prophetess Anna. While Gabriel is an angel, the Bible does not identify him as an Archangel. The Bible identifies Michael as an Archangel (one of the angels on the Ark [of the Covenant]). The other Archangel (on the Ark [of the Covenant] with Michael is identified by the prophet Ezekiel. That Archangel is identified as Satan. There are two Archangels--angels on the Ark.

--Inkie

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

There are people who are really into angels. There are Angel Card readings and other Angel related beliefs. A gal gave me an Angel reading once at a cafe. I was curious. I have my antenae up for people who do so called readings but actually can pick up information from you by intuition. She didn't say anything that enlightened me. A couple things she said was information she knew about me from my husband (I felt). But she was nice and didn't try to sell me anything.

• dog is god
    dog is god

oh boy. I must have gotten this really wrong because I thought the society taught that Michael was Jesus name in heaven and as the leader of destruction at Armeggedon......maybe it was something my mother made up. as far as the angels go I never could wrap my young mind around "the wheels within wheels...covered in eyes" or the Babylon book. Michael was one of two angels guarding the ark? I don't remember that at all...but then we really had a most difficult time finding other sources. In fact, were strongly discouraged to look outside the society.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

The book of Hebrews explains the whole angel thing. Why the JW's read it is beyond me. There are so many scriptures that mention or should I say don't mention that Michael is really Jesus. One scripture reads, one of the chief princes...so who are the other chief princes ? JW's say that how could God & Jesus be the same when it's not in the bible, it's only speculation..so is Michael being Jesus, just speculation...I'm just saying...

The problem with religion, EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE RIGHT....

Legacy

• dog is god
    dog is god

I certainly don't want to be right as I obviously don't know an archangel from shinola. I was just curious. All of this just makes me realize how glad I am to be away from this crazy hot mess.

• Bart Belteshassur
    Bart Belteshassur

Inkie- Can you give me the bible references for the indentification of Michael and Satan on the Ark. I have checked Ezekiel and can find no refence there.

Thank BB

Dog is God- Your not wrong "What does the bible really (not) Teach?" book page 218, "Who is Michael the Archangel?" gives the WT's nonsense explaination, in order to show that Jesus through Satan down from heaven in 1914. Using the logic of their arguement Jesus could equally be the Dragon.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Exodus, chapter 25, states:

17 “Make an atonement cover of pure gold—two and a half cubits long and a cubit and a half wide. 18 And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. 19 Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. 20 The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover. 21 Place the cover on top of the ark and put in the ark the tablets of the covenant law that I will give you. 22 There, above the cover between the two cherubim that are over the ark of the covenant law, I will meet with you and give you all my commands for the Israelites.

Jude, verse 9, specifically states that Michael is an archangel (or Angel of the Ark [of the covenant]). Also if you look up the etymology of the word “archangel” in a reputable, or should I say, "comprehensive" etymology book, you will see that the original/earliest meaning of the word “arch” does not me “chief” but means “of the ark.”

Ezekiel, chapter 28, states:

This is what the Sovereign Lord says:

“‘You were the seal of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
    13 You were in Eden,
    the garden of God;
    every precious stone adorned you:
    carnelian, chrysolite and emerald,
    topaz, onyx and jasper,
    lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl.
    Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
    on the day you were created they were prepared.
    14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.
    15 You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.
    16 Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.
    17 Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor

This Ezekiel quote is prophetic and descriptive of the Cherub who became Satan.

I hope this helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit