Watchtower Study Science Class 101

by CaptainSchmideo 32 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

So, I am reading Facebook today, and someone posts this little doozy on her page:

Just got done with watchtower study science class 101. So ya know how when u look at a rainbow it reminds u of Jehovah's promise never to destroy the earth with a flood. We should probably do the same thing when watching the beautiful displays of the northern lights . We can thank Jehovah that he made it possible that the solar flares from the sun are deflected by the magnetic field that goes around the earth. Otherwise we would be just little fried pieces of embers if he didn't. K that's my science THOUGHT of the day.

Yep, "Watchtower Study Science Class 101". The same class that has also taught that we think with our heart, that personality is carried in the blood, and that man has only been on Earth for about 6000 years.

I know this lady personally, have known her for decades. She is definitely in the D-U-M category of dumb.

• cofty
    cofty

K that's my science THOUGHT of the day

Its easier than having to read all those difficult books.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

....................................................... ....There aren`t enough Stupid People..

...................................................................So now we Baptize Monkeys!..

........................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Today's watchtower study was asking to be yelled at. So dumb. When they borught up the Big Bang theory I actually wanted to hold a speech and explain to them that it has nothing to do with evolution and does not contradict to their beliefs, but then I thought "let them make fun of themselves when they encounter a inteligent human being at the doors".

I don't know how much time I will be able to hold back my opinion.

• St George of England
    St George of England

That meeting today was sheer torture!

Several kept banging on that "evolution is ONLY a theory". There were several guesses at what a 'trillion' is, the WT Overseer said he had no idea really but it was a lot.

My wife didn't attend today and told me on my return I should be refreshed by the meeting! She then said if I thought today's meeting was bad, wait until next week, my favourite subject, EDUCATION.

I think I will have to go down with something...

George

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

So many gems today. The wonderful 30,000 eyes of the dragonfly enabling it to avoid extinction. What a miracle of creation!

Think of the word extinction. How did the wonders of creation help the 99% of species that are already extinct?

If you don't believe that number there is no arguing against the thousands of extinct organisms in the fossil record. What went wrong with their miraculous design?

The indisputable wonder of the living world is awe inspiring. Does it prove creation? That is an entirely different question.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wow, maybe she should start teaching....oh she cant......because she is a she..... X

• Island Man
    Island Man

What I found really stupid about their claims that Jehovah purposefully designed the atmosphere and the magnetic field to serve as a shield is this:

1. According to the bible, when Jehovah originally created the earth, there was an outer layer/ocean of water surrounding the earth above the atmosphere. (Genesis 1:6-8; 2 Peter 3:5) That outer "shell" of water would have done a far better job at shielding earth from both meteors and the solar particles so as to negate the idea that Jehovah originally intended the atmosphere to serve as a shield.

2. There are other planets with denser atmospheres and stronger magnetic fields than earth's. Did Jehovah design those planet like that to protect intelligent life living on those planets? The WTBTS does not believe that there is any intelligent natural extraterrestrial life out there so the fact that an uninhabited planet can have the same features demonstrates that it is fallacious to assume that those features were specifically designed for the purpose of protecting life on earth. Earth just happens to be one of perhaps many planets with these features.

3. While earth's atmosphere does destroy smaller meteors before they get to the surface, it is incapable of stopping the larger ones like the one that struck Tunguska Russia back in the 1910s (I think) and one that can wipe earth most if not all life on earth. Why would Jehovah build an inadequate shield? But there's more: Earth's atmosphere actually makes large meteor strikes more damaging! Think of the one that struck Russia just about a year ago. It was earth's atmosphere that caused it to explode before striking the ground! And it was Earth's atmosphere that served as a medium to transmit the shock wave that caused damage to property and injury to persons.

The question that mindless JWs should be asking is this: In the first place, why did Jehovah even think of positioning earth and asteroids/meteors such that their paths occassionally cross?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Slidin Fast:

How did the wonders of creation help the 99% of species that are already extinct?

Jehovah is actually pretty useless at trying to save stuff. In reference to 'the flood', The Watchtower of 1 August 2013 says:

Jehovah had done everything to save as many as possible.

Apparently, his best effort managed to save... 8 people. Not a great success rate. Especially when you consider that (supposedly) he was the one that murdered everyone else.

Sadder still, JWs treat these primitive stories as though they actually happened. The dullard who posted on Facebook might as well be drawing 'science' lessons from the 'account' of Cinderella.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If evolution is only a theory and the Noachian flood is a fact, who was the carrier of all the flu and cold viruses, hepatitises A-E, AIDS, syphilis, etc. on the ark? Suddenly JWs have to backtrack and invent a difference between evolution and adaptation. That's a WT fail.

And of course, if the flood is a fact, how did the koalas, kangaroos, and platypuses get from Turkey to Australia? Wait, let me guess. This sister would say that they all rode a unicorn over a rainbow to get down under.

WT Study Science Class? A person could learn far more by watching 10 minutes of Nova.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit