For JWS: Do you believe Jesus or only what you are told about Jesus?

by Kosonen 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps it helps to know that religion is basically a creation of the very, very limited human mind trying to grasp something it can't. So no two peoples beliefs are exactly alike.

In the end they are all just mind generated fabrications which have nothing to do with Reality.

Relax. No one religious person is better or worse than the other, or more or less insane.

The Source of existence is too big for the human mind to comprehend.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

When I was in school only 2 of my classmates believed that God exists.

Is Thor still getting any love in the nordic regions?

• abiather
    abiather

If JWs were believing in what Jesus said, they would not have floated an organization with their very basic theme—Jesus’s presence began in the year in 1914—something which Jesus had already warned against: “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.” (Mathew 24:26)

This verse shows that God has not authorized anyone to announce the “parousia” of Jesus, and people are not authorized to believe such self-styled parousia-announcers!

• carla
    carla

jw's are Christians in a 'sense' (jw speak) would be more accurate. My jw when asked this danced around the issue and took quite some time to answer such a simple question. They will pray in 'Jesus name' for instance but cannot talk/pray directly to the one they claim is or will be their King.

If a jw hears a Christian who keeps talking about Jesus they will in private say derogatory things about the 'Jesus lover'. If they hear Christian music they don't get it and will also say derogatory things about the 'Jesus' music and the use of 'Lord' and 'Jesus'.

I believe they use the 'Christian' term only to not be looked at as the kooks they are.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

all JWs i know would describe themselves as (true) christians. when i was a believing JW i also labeled myself christian. i never heard a JW say they wouldn't be christian. apart from competing christian sects, everyone else would call JWs christian as well.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The point in the O.P is valid. JW's only believe what the WT tells them to believe. The JW who actually reads and understands his Bible is a real rarity, Rocking Horse Poo is more common.

99.9999% of JW's survive on a diet of out of context verses from the Bible mis-interpreted for them by the W.T, they are unaware of most of the words ascribed to Jesus, and most of the teaching about him. Hence many view them as not Christian at all.

True followers know all about the one they are following.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit