Ice storm in Texas - climate change happening yet?

by Simon 17 Replies latest social current

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

You Brits and Canuks have hit the Texas nail on the head.

You know what I saw down the street tonight (and I live in California, SF Bay Area even)? One of those hideously gauche inflatable snow men on someone's lawn. But that wasn't the worst of it. The dipshit householder had put an inflatable assault rifle in his hand. I have to drive by that crap twice a day.

How do these idiots reconcile the birth of Jesus, Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men, and that spectacle???

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have heard many people go from denying climate change to just being resigned to dealing with it. Typical, no pro-active steps taken.

I live in Northern California. I check the temps every day to see how we're doing. All summer we had above normal temperatures -- about 10 degrees F. above normal all summer. Then when it got cold, we went to 10 to 17 degrees F. BELOW normal. I wonder if that's the trend for NoCal -- hotter summers and colder winters.

Climate change will become a harsher reality to California if we don't get enough snow or rain this winter -- this is the driest year in California since 1895. It's very sad to drive on the bridge over Lake Shasta and see how low the water is.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I blame it on you Canadians, you are sending your weather down to us. So, we are tired of it, please take it back where it belongs. I had to put on a heavy sweater today and cover up my lime tree, it's just terrible.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

keep hating, folks. ill be wakeboarding on christmas day. hey, know why canadians do it doggy style? so they can both watch hockey. much love. happy holidays

• Violia
    Violia

We lost power on Friday about AM and did not see power again until about 6 or so Saturday. We almost had to leave our home but we used the gas stove during Friday day and by PM we hooked up a small generator and ran an electric heater for the bedroom and the TV and couple lights. It made so much noise, like a lawn mower. No one complained b/c the TV announcers were telling those still without power to go to hotel or friends etc. One of our Rec centers opened up for space only,you had to bring everything. We decided to tough it out at home. We listened to the radio Friday. Saturday still frozen over but we at least got power back on. The roads on our personal streets were ice but the main roads had been dusted a bit. There were many wrecks on the interstates and tollways, at least one fatal one where a truck went into the lake.

• designs
    designs

Rain- gays

Thunder- gays

Earthquake- gays

Hot- gays

Cold- gays

Texas theology is very simple

• jgnat
    jgnat

For a moment there, LisaRose, I thought you had put your sweater on the lime tree.

• designs
    designs

Love is a warm lime...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit