Is life really better out of the org?

by sleepy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Sleepy,

I have a lot of good memories in the borg, as it was part of my childhood and I had a great time growing up. My dad loved life and people and I don't think he really felt like the modern JWs about worldly people being so evil. He could be at a service station(the old term for where you get gasoline)and in a few minutes everyone there would be talking with him. He had a personality that attracted other people, I think because he loved people and life. It's a shame he died at 45.

We did a lot of things together as a family, went to the coast fishing, assemblies, vacations, boating in the local rivers and lakes. He was also the PO in the local congregation and sort of kept the congregation happy and contented. Everyone seemed to love him.

I have a propensity to remember the good times I had, so I have a good feeling about my life in the borg.

Finally after his death and my responsibilities increasing in the borg to the point of controlling my every waking minute(20 years)I just left it all behind. To tell the truth, I enjoyed it all, my time in the borg and my time out. I wouldn't want to change any of it. I think I have been able to experience so many different aspects of life by being in and out of the borg. I wish I could go back and do it all over again. I don't have any hatred toward any of the people I knew over the years. I do feel the GB has caused many to experience a lot of hurt by breaking up families and I can understand the hatred many have toward the JW faith, but I have been fortunate to not have had this problem. I'm one lucky SOB.

Ken P.

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea
    The WTS sneer at 'apostates' calling them 'confused' and unable to offer anybody any real spiritual direction once they leave the fold....What has happened is that we have all become people again, plain and simple. Many have to re-discover their humanity, chart their own course, grapple with their own demons, rather than like children be kept in suspended hibernation emotionally, by spoon-fed philosophies.

Hilary_Step, I just had to respond and say I LOVE the way you put that into words. It's so true.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Hillary_step,
    I too, love the way you worded that. It summed it all up nicely. What they do is take away your humanity. Being out is far better for me than being in, although there was the usual confused transition phase.
    At least now I do things out of wanting to - not being pressured to for the sake of conformity. I've become a student of the human spirit. Variety is the spice of life, and when you look at the borg, they're treating humans as cookie cut-outs. The resulting chaos is due to annihilating individuality and creative thinking. It feels great to be out; It feels great to be able to be myself. Life in the borg was an illusion, good times or not.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Practicing Jehovah's Witnesses can be categorized at three levels.

One: Orthodox . . . Mostly non-religious following strict party line.
    Two: Conservative . . . Sort of religious, following party line but more human and tolerant that the orthodox.
    Three: Liberal . . . both religious and secular. Liberals are open to questioning and do not see the Watch Tower Corporation as a divinely directed company. They are aware of problems, hope for change, and many lead double lives.

gb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit