For a Jehovah's Witness, which causes more problems: a decorated tree, or a decorated woman?

by I_love_Jeff 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Let's say that a brother, Joe, is walking to Kingdom Hall and he passes a store display featuring a Christmas tree. "Wretched pagans!" he mutters to himself. Then, when he finally reaches his destination, he sees a young sister who is decorated with the finest makeup and modest (but eye-catching) jewelry. He keeps looking her way during the meeting, trying to avoid being noticed by her husband.

That night, when Joe goes home, he can't seem to get her out of his mind. He is restless and has to take a cold shower before going to bed. In the morning, he has only had a few hours' sleep and can't stay focused while working with his study.

Which caused more problems for Joe? Was it the decorated tree, or the decorated woman? If you were Satan, which tool would value most?

Why do the elders work so hard to keep Christmas trees out of the homes of publishers when there is a permanent forest of Satan's "pretty trees" bearing the fruit of sin in congregations all over the world?

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

From experience it is the woman. I was told I had to get married by the elders since I was "a serious distraction" and "too attractive" to the brothers in the congregation to remain single. Apparently getting married was going to change my appearance. Ridiculous. One of the plethora of reasons I am out :)

The pagan tree apparently presents less of a problem lol

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Joyfulfader-I am so sorry you had to go through that!!

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Joyfulfader, may we put your response on our webpage???

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

with pictures please

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Apparently getting married was going to change my appearance. Ridiculous. One of the plethora of reasons I am out :)

Joyfulfader......Are you still hot?

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Why do the elders work so hard to keep Christmas trees out of the homes of publishers when there is a permanent forest of Satan's "pretty trees" bearing the fruit of sin in congregations all over the world?

I wonder that myself. I did them a favor and took this pretty, sinful tree and left. I think all pretty trees should be banned from the org . Men who marry pretty trees should be kicked out, too.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I do still look the same lol...better now I think, since I don't have to fake smiling.

I don't mind my experience being told. It is ridiculous. If it helps show the sexism in the org by all means.

Another time I was in a turtleneck long sleeved dress giving a demo on the service meeting and was pulled aside afterward and told to stop looking good on stage because the brothers were focusing on my appearance as opposed to the information. I was shocked as I was not showing a bit of skin. None. Was mid calf length as well.

As FlyingHighNow says, they don't have to worry about that anymore. These pretty trees have left the building.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Don't give the Society ideas or they might require Burkas at meetings to prevent all those lustful brothers getting excited by the sight of your pretty faces and ankles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit