Interview with an Apostate: Reopened Mind

by Reopened Mind 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• happy@last
    happy@last

A great read, thank you for sharing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thank you for sharing, I do believe that these personal stories have tremendous power and will help any active JW who comes across them to see the truth about life after the religion. It just gets better !

Thank you Simon for starting this excellent series.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Thank you for sharing.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Thanks for your story.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Xanthippe: Having read Steve Hassan's books and other information on cults I have learned that all who exit cults share a commonality of experience. I too hope that someday I will be able to see and talk with my children and grandchildren without dancing around the WT.

freddo: Our oldest son sent us a scathing letter to cut off all contact with us, that is, unless we met his conditions. We replied with a card telling we loved him and his family unconditionally. We have talked recently with our youngest concerning "necessary family business".

cofty: It was my pleasure to share my story.

crmsicl: I would love to live closer to you as well. It never made sense to me that God would kill all those at Armageddon just because they had never been preached to. Couldn't he tell them personally?

LoisLane looking for Superman: You're welcome Lois and thank you for all the geneology info you have sent me.

TD: Fascinating? Really? The stories of others have been more interesting to me. I share mine because I think it is important for potential converts to read and for those who were converted to not be ashamed of being taken in by WT recruiters. Mind control is insidious and powerful.

Coffee House Girl: TotallyADD has been unable to post for a while as his computer died. He sends his greetings. How are you and Coffee House Guy doing?

love2Bworldly: Thank you for your concern about my children. I too hope someday for a relationship. Maybe when the grandchildren become adults.

happy@last: You're very welcome.

never a jw: It is for people like you that I posted my story.

Phizzy: I think personal stories combined with "the truth about the truth" are a powerful combination.

GromitSK: You're welcome.

Rip Van Winkle: You are welcome.

• besty
    besty

thank you reopened mind - very poignant

sorry to hear about your children and grandchildren - try and find the silver lining :-)

• TD
    TD
    TD: Fascinating? Really? The stories of others have been more interesting to me.

Fascinating to me, anyway. The books you mention, the buildup to 1975 and that period in general are all things I experienced too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit