Five dollars says you can't guess what this is...

by RayPublisher 20 Replies latest social entertainment

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Ann beat you to it!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Holy shit, it's Audrey II!

"...feeeed meeee..."

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Vidiot - I THOUGHT OF L.S.O.H. ALSO when I first saw it! (The movie version with Rick Moranis, Steve Martin, et al.)

"FEED ME SEYMOUR!"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I still get nauseous remembering the smell of cutting Jimson Weeds out of the soybeans. That's like 30 years ago.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Billy -Did the smell get you high Billy??

@ Ann - "Ray, give it to a charity (a real charity - not the WT$)."

Yes ma'am I will donate to a bell ringer this week.

Oh and thanks for the reminder not to give it to the WT$...Duhhhhhh!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Geeze!! We had those all over the woods when I was a kid. Had I only known!! So when do you harvest the seeds? When the pod opens? I will eat some this coming season and report on my spirit-walk. Sounds like I may need to start with a small dose. If the Eldubs come after me, I can just say I was doing a parasite cleanse!

DD

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Did the smell get you high Billy??"

No. They have a very unique stink about them, particularly on hot, humid days when there was no breeze. We'd cut... then run. I wouldn't think the smell would create a high. We also called them Loco Weeds. The seeds had a toxin that would make you crazy. I never messed with them.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Years ago I worked for the Washington State University College of Pharmacy. Mostly I took care of research animals, but we had a green house for growing a number of "interesting" plants. Jimson weed was one of them (I recognized it the second I saw the picture but got here after it was identified). Billy's right the smell is ... unique.

You do NOT want to experiment with this plant. The active drug is scopolamine and related alkaloids. When I was working for WSU an article came out in one of the scientific journals about teenagers in Arizona using Jimson weed to get high. One kid announced at a pool party that he was going hunting for "red-eyed sharks" and dove into the pool. He never came up. Another wandered out into the desert and was found dead three days later.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well... spirit-walks are no joke. Those people may not have been worthy of their Spirit Guides assistance. LOL!! What do I know? Injuns smoked that stuff for centuries and look how well they are doing...err..ummm never mind.

DD

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh and thanks for the reminder not to give it to the WT$...Duhhhhhh!

You're welcome.

TBH, it was a side-note to any lurkers rather than to your good self

(I'm sure I did another post - it's disappeared - to the effect of the guy in one of the links being a complete idiot for eating the whole pod of seeds without having a clue what they were. Lucky he's still alive.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit