Interesting changes for the 2014 service meeting...

by OneDayillBeFree 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks so much for that, I need to keep updated. But I can't download it. If it's the Britain, km can you scan it and send it to me via an e-mail please. I have PM'd you one of my email addresses

Thanks Sam xx

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Bit like the resurrection shuffle on Gomorrah.

The Live Forever book in cdlib was updated to say no whereas

the Insight Vol 2 still states yes. You really need to double check

all wt references to see which one is the latest correct view.

I'm still in but am finding difficulty with the "driving standards stewards"

Its all a bit like CAMS they've got rules and statutes but don't know how

to apply them and when. ,,,,,, Confederation of Australian Motor Sport, that is

• Caminante
    Caminante

Nothing new in the fact that only indented paragraphs are to be counted. This means that if a page starts with a paragraph continuing from the previous page (phsyically the first paragraph on the page, but not indented), followed by a subheading (phsyically the second paragraph, not indented) and the first body text paragraph under that subheading (physically the third paragraph, indented), then paragraph 1 on this page is this third paragraph. It's always been like this when giving publication references. In study publications paragraphs are numbered directly for easier reference and there too the subheadings are not numbered.

• carla
    carla

marking

• DS211
    DS211

No its more control....at least in coming up with a 2 and 3 you develop ways of sneakingsome truth in there. If its just based on the insight book for instance there is less room to do that. Plus it makes the happy good jw feel theyre doing real "research"

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS is always switching around sources. I remember their using the Proclaimers Book and the Insight Volumes.

I wonder why it took so long for someone to note that people weren't using the right info in the Reasoning book. What were the TMS overseers thinking?

They have been dumbing it down for quite some time...having brothers read from WTS publications rather than the bible

The sisters learn to write scripted plays...not study the bible with an individual

I always remember what my aunt told me; the school was started to train public speakers not bible teachers (1943) no women until 1959 who managed to convert the vast number of jws, not the men.

• hoser
    hoser

It is much like computers. 6 months after release they are obsolete.

Organized book. Obsolete

Reasoning from the scriptures. Obsolete

Revelation book. Obsolete

All scripture inspired. Obsolete

They are not replacing these "spiritual gems" because more doctrinal changes are on the way

hoser

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

All I see with the 'indented paragraphs' is clarification on which bit of the material is to be dealt with that week because some JWs must be getting it wrong. Remember, the GB is working with people who need to be instructed on how to separate the new streamlined magazines one from another and how to effectively use the word 'because.'

However, you might be onto something with the si book. How appropriate it would be that, closely following the release of a revised NWT, there should also be a revised si book to go with it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just take a look at many of WASBLIND's comments from the RS book. The GB wants that crap thrown in the memory hole asap. So I would not put it past them. It could just be part of their clinical and boring/legalistic robotic [ did I mention boring?] approach to everything...

AnnOmaly, LOL!!! Yep, remember that their MS and Elders can't figure out how to get magazines apart, or speak English at the door. You reap what you sow. The GB wanted an army of mindless drones who cannot question...they got 'em.

DD

• KateWild
    KateWild

The GB wanted an army of mindless drones who cannot question...they got 'em.-DD

LOL, good one Sam xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit