Death Of Print Update

by metatron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• fizzywiglet
    fizzywiglet

I love technology, but I've held out on the e-readers, that's where I draw the line. I cart my library of thousands of books with me every time I move (it's a PITA, but worth it). I wrote a book and I actually get significantly higher royalties for e-copies sold (because it costs the publisher so much less), but I prefer to support my local bookstores and libraries, so I encourage people to buy the printed version. Plus, then I get to sign readers' copies! Which is much more fun.

Besides, you can't (or rather, shouldn't) take an e-reader with you into a bubble bath. Checkmate.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

tick tick tick.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Being the itinerate techno geek of course I have e-readers....but - I miss holding some of my favorite mags and flipping back and forth as I read a particular article. PC Magazine and PC World both are now digital only. A number of other journals we subscribe to are also digital only. It is nice to have finger tip access to hoards of professional infomation and journals. Despite all this I think something is still missing not having the print in your hand. I miss it already.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I am sure that once cheap easily available BOOKS came along, you had diehards saying there was no pleasure like curling up in bed with a good minstrel.

Culrling up in bed with a book is dying. Youngsters now have no hesitation in using new technologies.

The "BOOK" is set to become a luxury item, for pleasure in the quality of printing paper and presentation.

Think of all the trees that are not going to be cut down and pulped - it has to be a good thing in the long run.

Incidentally - did anybody notice how the Kindle when it first came out was shaped like the reader Janeway in Startrek Voyager was always holding?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit