abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

jh: i am glad yours is ok now. i never called names you, guys are the one throwing insults

Comparing abortion to the holocaust is not insulting??

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

thanks, USR.

So, what education did you have in mind? statistics and/or graphic pics?

Will the statistics be kept current with deaths and injuries from the illegal abortions once the laws have been amended (those that have been found out, anyway)? What if these show that outlawing abortions causes more suffering than before?

What support provisions should there be for families and single mums who cannot cope with children they had to birth (such as

*result of rape, mother acutely depressed and not able to bond with child

*child with acute birth defects needing intensive care

I'm guessing you would say they just have to soldier on like the rest of us if we have problems with kids. My view is that if you deprive people of choices, you also bear responsibilities for all resulting problems.

Retro

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

the whole system is in need of repair, from giving asstiance for child with needs, to adapotion. to single mothers. you say a mothers choice. its not a choice its a life. just like you are not a choice your a life. i have no right to walk up to you with a gun and say its my choice if i shoot you, its life

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

OK. If the system needs repair - I'd say more like rebuild - we don't overload the wreckage.

So would you also outlaw the morning-after pill? the normal contraceptive pill? IUDs that prevent implantation?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i believe that life starts at fertilzation, im not against birth control,im christain not catholic ,can you explain iuds please

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

IUD = Intra Uterine Device - put in place in a health clinic and works by preventing implantation. So technically, according to your definition, "murdering" the zygote.

The thing is, with your definition, and your stance that "taking a life" is always wrong, it doesn't fit with the real world. When a doctor administers morpheine to a dying patient, technically s/he is "taking" hours or days of life, which would otherwise be intolerable suffering. So is it wrong?

You have also agreed that removing a living fetus to save a mother's life could be a non-criminal choice. So perhaps, if a fetus could be seen to be so malformed that it could only life briefly if at all, that might be another lawful "choice".

This is why it's already not a black and white issue, education, options, support all help, and coercion probably will only make bad worse.

• caliber
    caliber

“I certainly supported a woman's right to choose, but to my mind the time to choose was before, not after the fact.”
    Ann B. Ross, (crossing your legs is more effective than crossing your fingers )

I feel the greatest destroyer of peace today is 'Abortion', because it is a war against the child... A direct killing of the innocent child, 'Murder' by the mother herself... And if we can accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love... And we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts...”
    Mother Teresa

• caliber
    caliber

Comparing abortion to the holocaust is not insulting??

the biggest insult of all is if no one even wished to heard your song.. forgotten ....of no account for all eternity

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Caliber, for all eternity? I thought you believed in an afterlife.

It's a myth that women who have abortions, just blink, move on and do not give the potential life a second thought. I am not going to encourage a woman to have an abortion, but I'm not going to force her to make the choice someone else pressures her to make.

People are mistaken if they think that abortions were only sought out by fallen, heathen, single women, when it was illegal in the USA. The climate of society, to shame single mothers and their babies, it contributed to the numbers of teenagers and single women who sought abortions in back rooms. Some girls feared the reactions of their fathers in particular. They feared for their saftey and telling their parents felt like a life or death situation.

Abortion is a very complex issue. It always has been. It always will be.Think about the Muslim teen who is raped and becomes pregnant. Then think about her own father executing her because she has brought shame on him. For her, the only choice might be to abort the pregnancy, so that at least she can survive. There is much less shame from society, these days, on single women who are pregnant. It could be that more women sought abortions back then, than do now. We don't have statistics from then.

• abiather
    abiather

Here is what Vatican has to say:

“Defence of unborn life is closely linked to the defence of each and every other human right. It involves the conviction that a human being is always sacred and inviolable, in any situation and at every stage of development. Human beings are ends in themselves and never a means of resolving other problems. Once this conviction disappears, so do solid and lasting foundations for the defence of human rights, which would always be subject to the passing whims of the powers that be. Reason alone is sufficient to recognize the inviolable value of each single human life, but if we also look at the issue from the standpoint of faith, “every violation of the personal dignity of the human being cries out in vengeance to God and is an offence against the creator of the individual”.

http://liveactionnews.org/pope-francis-presents-a-telling-point-on-abortion/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit