For anybody who is going to dissassociate.......

by EndofMysteries 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I haven't officially because of family. But I see many times on this board those who do it it and write a letter to send a message. (hoping it gets the elders reading it to think).

Has anybody ever really gone out in style and done it via a comment on the sunday meeting? I can only imagine the reactions if somebody raised their hand for a comment and when they take the microphone they say, after learning (GB coverups, UN, whatever reason), they are dissassociating.

Or a real good one could be if you are giving a talk in the ministry school, then you'd have some more time.

It would be cool if people started doing that, then it starts a trend, each week hearing reports of more and more doing it, first across the country, then the same city, then even in same congregations.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

JWN poster 'Littletoe' went out with a bang. He DA'd whilst delivering the public talk one Sunday.

However, a few years later he said it maybe wasn't the best way to go.

-Aude.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

What i have started doing is giving ALL credit and thanks to Jesus in talking with people, after all he is the head of the congregation. I have seriously had people say, without batting an eye (as if they did not hear me) "the FDS gives us what we need when we need it".

I gave a part on the service meeting a few months ago stating many times how thankful we are that Jesus is directing his congregation. The COBE came up for the next part and actually thanked me for the kind words about Jesus. I felt good.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

If you are interested, here is the link to the "Going Out With a Bang" tread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/20680/1/Going-out-with-a-bang#.UpxMk0qXrQI

-Aude.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

LittleToe's public talk definitely was the biggest bang I have heard of. A recording and the transcript is here:

http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/littletoe-disassociation-talk.php

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

That's cool, thanks for the links.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, Little Toe was bad-ass! LOL (really, a great guy and we're still keep in touch on Facebook)

Generally, I'd avoid doing anything that gives them any power - they have none, you do not have to follow any of their rules or procedures.

Disassociating yourself is equal to them disfellowshipping you but without the need for them to do any work (although I get that it can be satisfying).

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

It really depends on if you want to make waves or not, and whether or not you desire any contact from active JWs, from friends to close relatives. Disassociation and Disfellowshipping carry the same level of punishment. However, disassociation indicates that you voluntarily resigned and (so JWs would think) intentionally created a barrrier between you and the congregation. Being disfellowshipped leaves the lines more ambiguous, as people often speculate internally on what happened. Perhaps you didn't want this result? It's the age old argument of "They didn't fire me, I quit!". If there is satisfaction to be gained from knowing that, then great. But a DA letter is a very serious thing to do, as you will be burning many bridges. Some of these bridges might not have to have been burned in the first place. I've seen many come back from a DFing (myself included), but I have never seen a DA being reversed. A DA letter or stunt is great theatre, just be absolutely certain you wish to be the star of that particular show. Personally I prefer my privacy and keeping my truest feelings known to only people I can trust to keep them in confidence.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I miss Little Toe.....

How one chooses to leave seems to be as much a matter of personal taste and expression as is shopping for the clothes you wear. I had specific reasons why I wrote a letter and left the way I did, and I continue to call it "resigning my position". I didn't leave my friends, and I would happily associate with them today if I could.

It seems the course of wisdom to suggest that one leaves in a manner that empowers you and leaves you with as much of yourself as you can fit onto your back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit