Interview with an Apostate: rawe (Randy)

by rawe 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Neverendingjourney,

Very cool! If you can make it, our next meetup for Ex-JW Chandler group is this Wed at 7:00pm at the Blue 32 in Chandler. Confession is an assistant organizer of the group. We are planning on repeating the Shun Run event for 2014. Same format as 2013, walk through Papago Park, followed by a meeting at the library where several will speak on a number of subjects. I will publish more details as the date gets closer. I still haven't even authored my annual letter to SDB:SSY -- although on a few of my runs a few ideas flash through my mind. I keep coming back to Prov 18:1 about the one isolating himself, against all practical wisdom he will break forth.

The idea being, that the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses keep isolating themselves from the norms of the rest of the world and where has it lead? A lawyer in abuse case saying "remember we're not the Catholic Church." That the better course, is to join the rest of the world in rejecting small-mind cult-like thinking and allow members to have and use their own conscience. Getting all the words and throughts right is a challenge. Not that I really expect them to read it or pay heed -- instead I wish for the words to pay honor to all the brave souls willing to step into the void and move away from the comfort of their Witness world for the sake of their conscience.

Cheers,

-Randy

• TD
    TD

Thanks for sharing, Randy. That was interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit