Disfellowshipping - Why the Governing Body can not ease up on dissenters.

by mindnumbed 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mindnumbed
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Sounds like the chairman on my JC. Thanks Sam xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That's awesome. Here is a quote straight from MOTHER.

THE WALSH TRIAL: http://www.witness-outreach.com/WalshFP.html

Q. If a member of Jehovah's Witnesses took the view himself that that prophesy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshipped?
    A.Yes, if he said so and kept persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole organisation believes one thing, even though it be erronious and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across then there is disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony, there cannot be marching. When a change comes it should come from the proper source, the head of the organisation, the governing body*, not from the bottom upwards, because everybody would have ideas, and the organisation would disintegrate and go in a thousand different directions. Our purpose is to have unity.

Q. Unity at all costs?
    A. Unity at all costs, because we believe and are sure that Jehovah God is using our organisation, the governing body of our organisation to direct it, even though mistakes are made from time to time.

Q. And unity based upon an enforced acceptance of false prophecy?
    A. That is conceded to be true

Q. And the person who expressed his view, as you say, that it was wrong, and was disfellowshipped, would be in breach of the Covenant, if he was baptized?
    A. That is correct.

Q. And as you said yesterday expressly, would be worthy of death?
    A. I think - - -

Q. Would you say yes or no?
    A. I will answer yes, unhesitatingly.

Q. Do you call that religion?
    A. It certainly is.

Q. Do you call it Christianity?
    A. I certainly do.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Awesome connection here.

NJY

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Perfect illustration.

Marked for ants.

Doc

• clarity
    clarity

Mindnumbed ...excellent post & vid!

>

This evil df doctrine is becoming intolerable!

To even hear stories of it, is almost unbearable!

>

Met a friend from the past a few weeks ago.

He had been df'd as a teenager for smoking!

Silly teenager stuff!

>

30 years has passed ... he married young, has 4 children,

wonderful loving wife, law abiding, honest kind person!

BUT...................................

his family & all his old jw freinds still shun him.

No contact with parents, granparents or the childrens

great granparents!!!!!!!....still, after 30yrs!

>

The evil arrogant GB ...know what devastation they cause,

but they don't care!

clarity

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Spot on. Marked, just like me. :)

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Good post

• BU2B
    BU2B

greatpost dead on :)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Threads like these really help me with non-jw family. Since I have some family still in, they don't understand why there is rift between me and my active family while the non-jws have done worse things - normal, but worse by jw standards.

When I try to explain to them, they seem to try real hard to believe what I'm saying about the org but there is something in their eyes and voice that makes me think that they think/assume there is something terrible in my own past or that I'm just trying to cause trouble for my still-active relatives.

So I try to avoid the discussion when I can.

But when the conversation turns to those 'lovely' JWs in my life and my relationship with them, it's great to have a thread like this that I just send a link to. When 5, 10, 30 50 people post and all have similar experience, it helps take the personal emotion out of the equation and highlights that it is a system-wide problem inherent with the JW organization and JW mentality.

Thank you for posting this. And special thanks to Data-Dog! - I had not read that transcript for a long time. Never knew of it when I was 'in', but played out conversation along that theme in my head when I started to awaken to my own 'Truth' about the truth.

-Aude. (AudeSapere - meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit