Pecking Order in the Millennium

by Cold Steel 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Okay, the smoke has cleared. Everyone's dead who had it coming and the remainder find that their bodies have been changed. No more disease, no more aging, no more human weaknesses and the weather is perfect. What next? Will everyone's homes be destroyed, will the skyscrapers in New York, Chicago, Tokyo and other nations be razed to the ground? Or can we move into the house two doors down -- the one that was just remodeled or renovated?

But who will mankind now look up to as leaders? Will the anointed class be handing out edicts from Heaven or will members of the Governing Body appear in white robes and appoint leaders? In other words, who will be in charge? On another post, someone said there would still be weekly meetings, and there may still be a need for missionary work.

Have there been any articles written about what to expect?

• prologos
    prologos

I remember only pictures, of sailboats going backward, food platters, meetings?

If they spelled it out, nobody would want it.

2 hours is boring enough, an eternity?

end it now.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Fruit platters as far as the eye can see. They will need to appoint people over said platters and have spiritually mature bros take the lead in distributing the fruit.

• zeb
    zeb

How often have i seen/heard jw talking about the house/s they WILL live in... really? every house on this planet depends on electricity, scheme water supply and as time goes along maintenance with materials made only in this system.

I have often heard young sisters pine to have horses not cars. Given their panic over a broken nail i cant see them rising at 0500 to shovel out horse poo and feed them before their days work actually starts.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Princes....the Society teaches that these "earthly princes" will lead us and they are none other than the current holy spirit appointed elders...naturally they will take the lead from the 144,000 who will communicate with them...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When people express an opinion/s on a given subject, it is just that - an opinion!

The GB continues the WTBTS's long established practice of expressing its opinions regarding the Bible via the Writing Committees, and when these opinions reach their 'sell by date', they are replaced with new opinions - AKA 'new lights'.

The crucial difference between the GB'S opinions and most other religions', is that their opinions are imposed as LAW upon the adherents, and unacceptance is brutally dealt with by means of disfellowshipping & shunning!

So any and all opinions about life after Armageddon are no more than wishful thinking, unless they based on Biblical information.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Lead us? Why do people need to be led? The society is obsessed about leading people and organising their lives for them. Sounds like communism.

I would not want to be 'led' by anyone. My thoughts about the new system have always been to get as far away from people as is possible. I'd dissapear up a mountain, build my own shack, grow my own food and leave humanity well alone for a good while.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Explain how the weather will be "perfect" each day. Will the axis of the earth relative to its spin be changed? Would this ensure perfect weather from north pole to south pole?

Will there be no need for rain?

I gather that JWs will be busy educating all the people as they are resurrected from death in order to give them the chance to hear their message. Given the number of people who throughout all the ages have not had the privilege of listening to CTR and his descendants, how many millions will be raised each year (if there are "years"), for how many years, and how will JWs manage to reach each one of them? When will God destroy the people who decide to reject the JWs message during the millennium? Who will make the decision?

Electricity would be a danger, especially for the people who lived before the 20th century. No computers, no MacDonalds or KFC, no children, everyone aged 21. Everyone a vegan, including all the beasts in the waters.

Give me a break.

Doug

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Explain how the weather will be "perfect" each day. Will the axis of the earth relative to its spin be changed? Would this ensure perfect weather from north pole to south pole?

Evidently (TM) Jehovah will restore the water canopy surrounding the Earth.

Doc

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

DOC said, "Evidently (TM) Jehovah will restore the water canopy surrounding the Earth."

I've heard fellow Witnesses say that, and then I've asked them where in the Bible it says that. No reply!

More fairy tales from the Brothers Grim!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit