"Special week of activity"

by stillin 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

The CO visit. I should keep count of how many times somebody uses that phrase. In the announcements, in the prayers, in their parts, ad nauseous.

And really...c'mon, now. Honestly. Isn't "special" a little over the top?

• Gopher
  • Zoos
    Zoos

Ugh!... the spirit of complaint.

LOL

• stillin
    stillin

Yup, I'm complaining! You got it! I was expecting special. What did I get? Mush!

Gopher: thanks for the really special video. ;)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Make a bingo card of all the JW buzzwords: FDS, Governing Body, Last Days, Special Week of Activity, Channel, Food at the proper time...

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Shows you how boring a Jdub's life really is.

meetings and field service week after week then every once in a while a new guy shows up for a week and it's special.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The new guy who doesn't support himself like Paul, but instead relies on contributions....

DD

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I loathed my new CO and his wife on site. Did'nt tell anyone at the time. She was dressed up like a dogs dinner and he was so straight talking, he was positively rude. What can an ex painter and decorator tell me about life?

The CO's wife very rudely butted into a conversation I was having with a sister and did'nt even apologise. Talk about puffed up with pride!!!

I am purposely avoiding the next visit and watching crap telly instead. I might learn something I did'nt already know.

• stillin
    stillin

The wife of our current CO apparently sees herself as a fountain of wisdom. She even went past the 30 second limit in the bible highlights! Gasp!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Yeah what is it with that 30-second rule? The school conductor in our hall times the comments, and the D.O. at the circuit assembly does the same thing? I'm so sick of hearing, "our average time per comment was 32 seconds! Good, but can be better." Ugh.

<sorry . . . off topic>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit